Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Conversation at the Knight Camp

+12
Skyrius Ventus
Malva
Degren Brightforge
Zar/Herr
Datura Shinso
Silvos
Krond Thuliaga
Volkihere Malacalo
Borin Ironhammer
Pierre
Asher Fairchild
Auron Warfield
16 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Conversation at the Knight Camp - Page 2 Empty Re: Conversation at the Knight Camp

Post by Asher Fairchild Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:04 pm

Asher continues to ignore the pleas and finishes her writings. She folds 5 pieces of paper neatly and seals them with some hot wax from a candle thats been burning on the table. She stamps them with a small metal trinket she pulled from her bag.
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Conversation at the Knight Camp - Page 2 Empty Re: Conversation at the Knight Camp

Post by Borin Ironhammer Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Gilmore stands up.
"I would have liked to have saved this time for morning our friend and scolded you at the all of you at the town meeting later."

He looks at Asher.
"But since it's unlikely you'll be attending I'll have to give you yours now. That man has spent the last year defending this town from the consequences of trying to murder away all of their perceived problems. At least when volk was sherif he was honest and owned up to what he did wrong instead of tempermentally passing off all blame he had to a group of innocent fey. And it's completely unjustified of you to think that they would be untrustworthy just because their not human. Just as it was unjust I find of Lessard to this kind the humans were untrustworthy because they were humans. You took on a God and lost get over it. You have the choice: be the best sherif this town has ever had and stay and help people learn from their mistakes. Or you can be the worst and abandon these people when they need someone like you to guide them through this hardship."

Gilmore then walks over to Pierre's body removes his hat once more.

"I'm sorry"

He says as he takes a deep breath and begins to sing his relaxing song that calms everyon's aggressions.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:10 pm

Teek's anger has moved to crying and she looks at Asher once more,

"Am I JUST a victim you?"
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:12 pm

"Degren... who was happy? We were all happy to get back, yes. Keket was pleased to see her cousin. But that's not joy at this loss. We have to come together in times like this, not split apart. When I went to The Mists, I was prepared to die. So was Pierre, so was Teek. Pierre volunteered. And before anyone gets angry or storms away from this town, I suggest everyone listens to what happened, and we wait for Pierre to return. He deserves to be honoured by everyone, not bickered over."

Admin

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:17 pm

Volk looks in Teaks general direction.
"Calm down, your tears aren't gonna save us. Cooler heads are all that can help us now. "
He then looks at Asher.
"If you wish to go Asher go, this doesn't have to be your home. Killer."

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fairchild Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:17 pm

"What I did wrong? What I did wrong was kill a group who could not be reasoned with no matter how hard we tried. And all this is how were repaid for it. Clearly this town thinks it needs better leadership, and I don't care to be a part of a place that allows itself to get walked all over by certain groups with threats that they'll go tell their gods on us."

She hands out the 5 letters. 1 for Degren, 1 for Datura, 1 for Krond, 1 for Sky. She keeps the last one, grabs Auron by the hand and leads him into the woods with her to the edge of town
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fairchild Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:20 pm

"Pot calling the kettle blaaack!" She yells behind her
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Auron Warfield Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:20 pm

Auron, having finished his investigation of Pierre and taken the items lying on his chest into safe keeping, listens to all the chatter going on around him.

What Volk says gets his attention. "Really? You say cooler heads are all that can save us, but then you have the nerve to call one of the people helping to defend this place a killer? Real helpful, bud. Good thinking."

Before he can say any more, Asher takes his hand and they begin leaving the camp.

Last edited by Auron Warfield on Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 pm

(Oog: note that the "calming song" is pacify and you do not think aggressive thoughts whIle in earshot. Sorry I should have clarified that.)

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:23 pm

Timmean continues to try to block Asher from leaving; if she gets around him, he chases her.

"Asher, you didn't hear their screams. You think there were no consequences, that the could do whatever they liked, but that's not true. Just listen. I heard their screams. And believe me: those elves are facing consequences."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:24 pm

(OOG: I'm not sure that you'd be able to remove those items from Pierre's body; cast would need to make a ruling on that)

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:25 pm

Teek glares at Volk, "You DO NOT tell me what to do. You WILL show Asher better respect than THAT."
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:26 pm

(OOG: Auron, after a certain distance, the items disappear and reappear on Pierre)
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asher Fairchild Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:31 pm

Despite all the blocking and yelling and chasing, Asher and Auron make it to the edge of town. She hands him his letter, whispers something in his ear, and kisses him.

She runs
Asher Fairchild
Asher Fairchild

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:33 pm

"I won't that was not a word said out of spite, it was something that had to be said, she did kill him, and she has to know that."
Volk then looks at Pierre's casket.

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:39 pm

(OOG: It's not a casket, it's more like a stretcher, with 6 handles to carry it. It was carried back by those who were in the Mists)

Timmean sighs as Asher runs off. "That... could have gone better. If she wants to leave, I suppose we can't stop her. But we have to take the time, everyone should hear what happened. And we must honour Pierre, properly."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:42 pm

Teek turns to face Volk, "She killed who?"
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Malva Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:42 pm

"Well I'm done trying to care more for his death than anyone did for mine. I'm going back to the inn, to wait for the rest of this story." She turns impatiently and walks swiftly back to the inn.
Malva
Malva

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:43 pm

Degren snorts at Volk's comment, and stuffs the letter into his belt pouch. The entire scenario has left him confused and saddened. He tacks down a small not for Timmean

The people thought it a mercy. They wished to celebrate the great benevolence of Faerie. That is enough to draw their ire. Give them some time to grieve. They've all felt the hatred of many of the town folk for quite some time. This is just the final straw needed to break their patience. Give them time, my friend.

Then quickly tosses another letter to Volk,
Martyr , you say? We had better pray you're wrong. A martyr does not simply die. A Marty incites action. We should all prey he is no martyr, and that they don't treat him like one. No action taken by them right now could be good for anyone.
He places his hand on Timmean shoulder, flicks his ears once with a soot covered finger, and walks to Pierre's body.

He looks over his friend and slowly drops to his knees, placing his hand over his friends chest. He closed his eyes and begins to speak a prayer. The words are blunt and badly translated from dwarvish, but draw many comparisons between death and the forge.

Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:57 pm

Still not really looking at Teek.

"The man in the box."
Sorrow takes Volk for a moment, and his face drops.

"Good luck."
He gives what looks like an agonizing smile and then he disappears as Asher goes out of sight.

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 pm

Teek's anger at Volk is replaced with tears and she drops to the ground hitting herself and crying. Before she makes it to the ground, she disappears.
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:02 pm

Timmean reads Degren's note and sighs. He waits for Degren to finish before he speaks again; "You're right, and I'm sorry for how this return played out. But it could have been worse... I feared it would be MUCH worse. Faerie truly was merciful; as merciful as possible, I think. I know that doesn't help things; it doesn't spare Pierre. But it is the truth. Now, please... could you help me with this? Everyone deserves to know what happened, and how he died. He deserves a proper place to rest, at least for now."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skyrius Ventus Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:23 pm

Sky enters the town from behind a tree.
"She's not the only one leaving her friends," Sky grips his blade and stares at Degren and Timmean. In a shallow tone and with a low hanging head he roars abruptly
"It's taking ALL of me not to burn this place to the DIRT!" He holds a fire spell thats burning brightly and his voice scares the nearby birds from the trees as it echoes into infinity.
"I refuse to protect people who don't understand that we lay our lives on the line every damn day for their sake."
Sky turns and stomps back towards the forest where Asher left before stopping once more
"OH! I'll add this," Sky peers over his shoulder.
"Should I find out that another friend dies because of this damn "Faerie" law, I will return and set ablaze this town with a fire so bright the gods themselves will be blinded. Farewell,"
*Runs full speed in Asher and Aurons direction*
Skyrius Ventus
Skyrius Ventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:29 pm

*Krond looks over Asher's letter, confused at the scribbles that lay upon it. Though he has been learning how to read, he isn't quite skilled enough to decipher the letter*

*he sighs* "damnit all" he says. He kneels down to Pierre's body and utters "I'm sorry you had to die for us my fine, French friend; I look forward to the day you return to us."

Krond stands up and turns to the rest of the group in the Knights camp, "though my time in Holdfast has been brief, I thought of you all as family. Especially Pierre. His death makes me sad, and I just want you all to know that i blame no one in this town". Krond's gaze shifts to the ground for a moment, eyes glazed with Fury, " I blame the Elves that invaded us in the first place. And caused us to the loss of our brother."

"I'll hear what everyone has to say at the Inn . . . In due time. Your still my family and I trust you. But there's something I know I must do. I'm sure of it now more than ever."

Krond let's his words sink in for a moment before grasping his Blade and shouldering a nap sack. He goes over to Degrin and puts a hand on his shoulder, "I'll be back in a bit, brother. Wait for me."

He Approaches Timmean, also putting a hand on his shoulder, "You were very brave to offer yourself to the faerie, my friend. You have my eternal respect. Take care of Pierre's body until I return."

Krond approaches Teek, also also putting a hand on her shoulder, "Ya know, when I first met you I wanted you gone. Thought you were gonna be nothing but trouble; what with your powerful psychic abilities. But then I saw what you did for us the same night you had arrived. You helped us and fought alongside us, and I have since changed my mind about you. Anyone who is willing to put their life on the line for people they care about is alright in my books." *Krond pets Teek's head* "You're one of us now little one. Take care of Holdfast until we're all together again."

And with that, Krond walks off down the trail; heading in the same direction as Ashir.

Last edited by Krond Thuliaga on Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:30 pm

Gilmore begins to hum louder hoping to restore his song's effect which seemed to stop for a moment.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next