Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phineas is going to Applevale. Any more requests?

2 posters

Go down

Phineas is going to Applevale.  Any more requests? Empty Phineas is going to Applevale. Any more requests?

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Mon May 15, 2017 5:13 am

Phineas, dressed in his travelling clothes and carrying a large knapsack filled with trading goods (mostly his famous Halfling foods and beverages), stands in the Watering Hole Tavern.

“I am on my way to Applevale for some provisions!” he announces. “If there are any last minute requests, please let me know as quickly as you can!”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Phineas is going to Applevale.  Any more requests? Empty Re: Phineas is going to Applevale. Any more requests?

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Mon May 15, 2017 3:00 pm

Phineas thinks about Malva’s list and responds as best as he can.

“I should be able to get the Void Mana easy enough,” he says. “But I have never found anything called “piece of a demon” to be anything but something else sold at an inflated price and I don’t know what the ‘Seventh element’ is.”

Then the Halfling continues.

“I believe that Joy, who just left, is a hunter and has two eyes and they can be regrown, he says. “And marksmen are fairly common, isn’t my friend Maximillian a marksman? And what about Asher, if she ever comes back?”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Phineas is going to Applevale.  Any more requests? Empty Re: Phineas is going to Applevale. Any more requests?

Post by Degren Brightforge Mon May 15, 2017 8:37 pm

After his usual nods and waves , Degren walks up to Phineas with a scrap of paper in his hand. He passes it to him with a quick nod.
I'd hoped you could try and find a bow for me in town, as well as a quiver of arrows. I've used Asher's a few times and found myself to enjoy archery. Also, if you need a guard or company on the trip, i' d be more than willing to join you on your excursion.
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Tue May 16, 2017 3:42 am

After reading Degren’s note, the Halfling responds.

“Thanks for the offer but I really do have to go on my own, this time!” Phineas says. “I should be able to pick up the last thing that I need to help you so be here when I get back.”

Puzzled, he continues.

“I can probably pick up a bow and arrows, but wouldn’t you rather make your own?”

(OOG: Do you have a phys rep bow and arrows?)
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Tue May 16, 2017 6:33 am

Cocking his head to the side, Degren plucks the paper back, turns himself around several times in search of a wall for which to write on.  He steps to the nearest one, and writes.
I can make swords, not bows. Or at least I've never tried.
I always imagined a Fletcher was needed for such things.

(OOG: Yeah, I suped up my old bow so if isn't florescent green anymore. I just thought you needed a specific skill to make bows and arrows)
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Tue May 16, 2017 7:40 am

Phineas reads the note.

“You should try to turn your hand to make bows and arrows,” say Phineas. “As long as you can get the materials, if your Smithing skills are as high as I thought, you should be able to make some really nice stuff!”

Phineas nods, thoughtfully calculating the various ways that certain skills can be combined to do what the Smith is interested in.

“You already know how to mine metal, don’t you?” asks the Halfling. “With a little wood and leather working, tanning skills, you could easily take trees and animal skins and make just about anything!”

(OOG: The Smith ability is skilled in the manufacture of weapons and even a Smith I can make bow and arrows given units of material. Tanning can turn creature hides into leather. Metal can be melted down. Wood is easy to get but wood-working might help. Bow-making and Fletching can stack to increase your productivity. Plus Smith III can make exceptional (+1) weapons with double the standard materials. If I’m wrong, please let me know.)
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Tue May 16, 2017 7:22 pm

Phineas scribbles down a few notes.

“Okay Malva, I will bring back some Void Mana,” he says. “And I will look into this demon stuff and I will ask around about the seventh element.”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down