Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training at the Forge

4 posters

Go down

Training at the Forge Empty Training at the Forge

Post by Ardin Gallagher Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Ardin strolls down the the forge, a somber look across his face as he carries his armour, now in absolute tatters from the onslaught of the past few days. Seeing smoke coming from the forge and Bikbun hard at work over it, Ardin goes to greet the dwarf.

"Good morning, Bikbun," Looking at the pile of work in front of the dwarf, Ardin seems hesitant to continue. "I know you're quite busy, but if I could have a moment of your time it would be greatly appreciated. It seems the beasts of Holdfast don't appreciate my armour much, it's been torn completely to shreds in my short stay here almost as much as it has in all my years of service back home. I think it's high time I learned how to mend this for myself rather than come looking for you or Degren every day. Would you perchance be so kind as to teach me the basics of your masterful craft?"
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Training at the Forge Empty Re: Training at the Forge

Post by Bikbun Ironbones Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:28 am

Bikbun takes two beautifully tempered short swords out of the quenching tank and waves then to disperse the steam, and lays them aside just as Ardin enters the forge.
"Greetin's lad!"

Listening to Ardin's request, Bikbun smiles delightfully.
"O course I'll teach ye, lad! It'd be my pleasure! So, ye wan' tae know the basics of armour repair, and thus smithin', aye? Am I to take it that ye would be workin' from that ground up, then? I dinnae wanna teach ye stuff ye already know, but likewise I dinnae wanna presume ye know things ya don't. "
Bikbun Ironbones
Bikbun Ironbones

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 am

Ardin lays his gear to the side. “That’d be correct. Admittedly the only experience I’ve had with a smithy was watching others work so it’d probably be best to start from the very basics.”
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Bikbun Ironbones Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:09 am

(OOG: I'm sorry for not responding but for the sake of the AD and Creative Cast this will count as me signing off for teaching Smith I to Ardin)
(Reply to follow here once computer access is available again)
Bikbun Ironbones
Bikbun Ironbones

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:02 pm

*Joy appears at the forge with Lady Val and notices Bikbun*

"Hallo Bikbun! I heard zat you can make arrows and you have iron. I vould make arrows myself but I am not very goot at it and I do not have any iron at this time. If you could lend me some arrows, or even make some arrows for me, I vill pay you back, vith interest."

*She notices Ardin*

"Hey Ardin, getting some armour repaired?"
Joy Rosewood
Joy Rosewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:07 am

Lady Val watches Bikbun as he continues to work the forge, seemingly oblivious to those around him. Deciding he is busy she turns to Ardin.

"Greetings Sir Gallagher, is your training going well?"
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Bikbun Ironbones Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:26 pm

(OOG I'm so sorry for not replying, been busy with things)

Bikbun looks up and notices Val and Joy have been standing around for some time, and quickly dusts himself off and greets them.

"Ah, Joy, just the lass I was gonna go lookin' fer. I've made ye a couple arrows prior to seein' Ardin here; they're o'er in the back shelf" and gestures to the side shelf where some arrows are resting (OOG: lemme know how many you want and I'll get tags done)

"Oh, and, uh, Hello Lady Val! It's a pleasure tae see you again!" he smiles sweetly
Bikbun Ironbones
Bikbun Ironbones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down