Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Looking for Hugo

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Looking for Hugo Empty Looking for Hugo

Post by Kuromori, Taka Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:03 am

((OOG: Timestamp: Early into Sunday evening, after game))

Taka, having just woken up not too long ago, sets off wandering the trails where she'd previously seen Hugo, hoping to run into him so he could teach her some Psychic.
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Looking for Hugo Empty Re: Looking for Hugo

Post by Ivy Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Hugo sits cross-legged atop a moss-covered stone, high on the hill above the Fairchild camp. He spies Taka approaching and waves to her in greeting.

((Sorry for no earlier reply. It's been a hectic few days.))
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:03 pm

"Hey Hugo. Is now a good time for you to teach me to transfer states, or maybe even impart them too?"

((I figured. I just wanted to get the post out while I remembered))
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:35 pm

Hugo pauses in contemplation for a few moments, then replies: "I can teach you about moving and sharing psychic power, yes."

"First I would like to know, however, how much you know about psychic power."
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:46 am

Taka pauses, considering whether there's any way around disclosing this information. After deciding there's not, she proceeds hesitantly:
"Well, as you've probably seen, I can meditate. I'm sure you've also gathered from the encounter with those wisps that I can have moments of clarity. And, of course, I wouldn't have been able to learn that without a focused mind." She pauses and takes another hesitant breath.
"And finally, what you likely haven't seen is that I can focus my power into a single weapon strike." She says, nodding towards the shurikens resting on her shoulder.
"Is that enough information?"
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:53 am

"More than what I was looking for, but that will do. Someday I may ask you to teach me about some of those things In return for what I teach you now, but for now I will teach you about the flow of psychic power."

Hugo stanks up from his meditative stance and scans their surroundings for unwelcome guests.

"Based on your ability to focus power into physical strikes, teaching you how to transfer psychic power between psychics should be relatively straightforward. Simply put, you must focus your mind on a portion of the psychic power which resides within you, then separate that portion of your power from yourself and push it into the receiving psychic."

Hugo approaches Taka, and extends his left hand out towards her.

"I shall demonstrate now, if you are willing to recieve it, that is. The transfer requires contact and consent in order to work. I've been told this skill can be used to take states from the unconscious as well."
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:22 am

"Of course."

Taka extends her hand to meet Hugo's.
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:22 pm

The moment their hands touch, Taka would feel the flow of psychic energy from Hugo's hand into hers, and then dissipates.

Hugo is visibly puzzled. After the moment passes, he regains composure before speaking.

"Right, this energy may be transferred into another, but only if the receiving subject isn't already full of psychic energy. After all, pouring water into a full cup will only ever overflow it. There is a way to circumvent this, but that is for lesson number two. Before I try to demonstrate again, I need you to use some of your psychic power. Could you do that for me?"
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:41 pm

"Ah... right. Well, yes, take it." She says, pushing her hand back into his.
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:11 pm

((Quick sidebar: It might be a good idea going forward to OOG note when we use psychic abilities))

"I think you misunderstand," Hugo says, sounding a little bit sad. "I can't properly transfer a psychic state to you if you're already full to capacity of it. In this case, the power air tried to transfer to you simply dissipated."

He pauses tof think for a moment.

"I have a solution however, so let's touch on part two of our lesson, imparting psychic power. Imparted psychic states aren't 'connected' to your well of psychic energy the way transferred states would be. Imagine placing a leaf onto a full cup of water, rather than pouring in more water... ..Actually, never mind. Here's what we shall do: I'm going to impart into you the knowledge of how to transfer psychic power. Using this imparted state, I want you to transfer some psychic power into me. Understood? When you're ready to transfer power, simply hold my hand and think about moving power into me, perhaps as you would focus power into weapon strikes?"

Hugo uses his unoccupied right hand to tap Taka on the shoulder ((Impart state: Transfer state))

"I'm ready when you are""

Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:23 pm

"I... okay. I thought you could take one of my states, but yes, okay, let's try this." ((Transfer State))
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:30 pm

"Well, I could have, but.. that would have derived you of a learning experience such as this one."

"..Anyways, how did that feel? Easy, difficult, intuitive, easily forgotten? Do you have a better feel now for transferring psychic power, since you initiated it yourself?"
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:42 pm

"Yeah, that feels like it makes sense. Here; let me try it on my own." ((Attempted Transfer State??))
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:02 pm

((Transfer state accepted))

"There you go, a natural! Let's practice transferring states back and forth until we're sure you've got it, yes? Once you've perfected this ability, we will advance to attaching your psychic power to others, to impart a psychic state."

Hugo returns to his rock, and pulls up a log in front of it in order to offer Taka a seat.

"This may grow monotonous, as it did for me. Tell me when you feel you're ready to progress."

((*Insert an hour of ((transfer state)) here*))
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:10 am

After the hour of transferring states, Taka is clearly trying to not look tired. "Okay, do you think I've got it now?"
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:20 am

"I feel you have the hang of this now. You should be able to transfer power between yourself and other psychics. On to our next lesson, then."

Hugo procures a dark brown bottle from his bag, uncorks it with a pop, and drinks a swig from it before setting the bottle down again.

"As I demonstrated earlier, imparting a psychic state is not so much an exchange of power, rather it is moreso forcing power into a into an individual which they can then use for the ability you imparted into that state of power."

Hugo extends his left hand forward again.

"To demonstrate, I will impart the ability to impart a state. This process, due to its forceful nature, will burn more psychic power in order to work, so you'll have to burn the imparted energy in order to impart a state of power back to me. Ready?"

((Impart state: Impart state))

"When you feel ready, Impart a power of yours into me."
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:41 am

"Alright."

Taka takes Hugo's hand again, and while focusing: ((Impart State: Focus Power))

"How's that?"
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:27 am

"Excellent work, Taka. Remember how it feels to do that, because It's quite draining to hone this technique; we need to make every attempt count."

"We'll also need to stop and recharge if you want to continue practice, shall we sit and meditate for a while?"
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:56 am

"Right, yes, we should." Taka says, taking her bell out of her pocket, re-positioning herself on the log, and falling into a deep meditation for what will probably be another hour.
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Hugo takes another sip of his drink before producing a set of dice from his pocket and rolling them in his hands to focus his meditation. On his lap he leaves his notebook, turned to a page that reads: Need to talk? Just knock.
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:17 pm

In meditating, Taka found that she could spend a little more time than she was used to and meditate back a sixth state. As she comes out of her meditation and stops ringing her bell, she realizes that she now has as many states as she'd seen Hugo with, and he should be done his meditation any second now.
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:42 pm

Hugo, hearing Taka finish meditating, stashes his bottle in a panic, having finished his meditation ten minutes prior.

"*ahem* Anyways, back to practice. I see you've taken to transferring power like a natural. Before you attempt to impart a state of power on your own, would you like for me to impart that ability once more? Or would you like to try it for yourself now?"

"Between the two of us we should have six attempts for you to practice with" if need be. So don't worry if it doesn't work the first time."
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Taka looks up, noting that Hugo was already done, she lets slip a subtle nod as if she just figured something out.

"Oh - right yes, I'll try on my own; let's see if I remember this..."

She shifts forwards, puts her and on Hugo's shoulder and closes her eyes. ((Transfer State))
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:33 pm

As Taka transfers a State to Hugo, the energy it contains doesn't get transferred into Hugo, and the state fades from existence.

"Hmm, I see. The analogy of the overflowing cup still applies here. To Impart a state of power, rather than transfer it freely, you must force it to connect to the target, as you would a strike of a hammer. This also requires specificity. You must also choose the purpose of that state of power you are going to impart. I shall demonstrate."

Putting his hand on Taka's, Hugo closes his eyes in concentration. ((Impart state: Impart state))

"You feel how this energy is separate from what you feel as your own energy, and how you you know how it has to be used, yes? I would like you to use this imparted state, then try once more to impart a state of yours into me."
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kuromori, Taka Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:45 pm

Taka nods at the mention of the cup analogy.

"Right, okay."

Focusing, with a serious look on her face: ((Impart State: Sudden Clarity))

"There." Taka says as her face lightens.
Kuromori, Taka
Kuromori, Taka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next