Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psychic Training in the Hanged Man

2 posters

Go down

Psychic Training in the Hanged Man Empty Psychic Training in the Hanged Man

Post by Sylvie Fri May 24, 2019 11:33 am

Sylvie and Callie sit in The Hanged Man enjoying some tea and chatting about current events.

"This new position on council is more difficult than I expected." Sylvie says, refilling their empty cups.

"Running a pride, everyone works together for the greater good. The motivations and emotions of such an eclectic and complex group...its hard to pin down." she sighs

"I wish there was a way to understand them better. To know what they were thinking and feeling, where their intentions lay with no lies or manipulation..."

She stirs some honey into her tea.

"What do you think, Callie?"
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Psychic Training in the Hanged Man Empty Re: Psychic Training in the Hanged Man

Post by Callieaste Shanda Fri May 24, 2019 9:08 pm

"Thank you" Callie says as she takes a sip of her newly poured tea. She really appreciates the fact she can get a nice cup of tea in Holdfast that herself or Marquess Valeriya haven't brought from To'Jadin. "Excellent as always, have you considered selling the tea blends themselves in bulk and not just by the cup?"

"The council must be a lot of work. Marquess Valeriya seems to always have some sort of council business she needs to attend and people always seem to want her for something, the poor thing hardly has anytime for herself. She's lucky she not only has myself to aid her but Bikbun as well. I hope it doesn't become to much pressure on you all, it seems like a lot, especially with some of the folk in town. I aid Marquess Valeriya of course but if I can help the council in anyway I'd be glad to help you if needed especially if it takes burden away from Marquess Valeriya.

I personally haven't really any experience with a prides at all, I was raised by elves and don't know of my pride. All I really know of my heritage really is what I've read in books or been told. I do know elves by nature have a similar goal it seems, they work towards the greater good of not just elves but all fae because of the their code. They must not lie to each other and help another elf in need.

Part of my studies of the psychic ways was to get the truth from people who may be hiding it and revile true intentions. I learned to compel others to tell the truth, elves may by code need to tell the truth to another elf but if you're good with words you can still manipulate things without falsehoods and of course other races aren't bound by the code so this skill is useful to have. It would be perfect for a council member and could make your job a little easier, no?"

Callieaste Shanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Sat May 25, 2019 9:40 am

"My resources are limited at the moment, but it is certainly something I will look into if there is a demand for it."

"Oh this technique, I have heard of it, but I do not possess the skill myself. Would you mind imparting me with it? I would like to see how it feels."
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Callieaste Shanda Sat May 25, 2019 7:54 pm

"Sure, no problem" Callie places a hand on Sylvie's shoulder and focuses her mind to channel psychic energy from herself info Sylvie.

(Impart state Compel Truth)

She waits patiently for a few moments to let Sylvie get a feel for it. "How does it feel? Do you want to try using it?"

Callieaste Shanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:04 pm

Sylvie feels the new psychic energy coursing through it. Its comparable to project emotion, but different.

"May I try it on you?" She asks Callie
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Callieaste Shanda Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:17 pm

Callie nods her head. "Sure, I have nothing to hide" She laughs.

Callieaste Shanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:31 pm

"A bodyguard for such prominent elven royalty with nothing to hide? Now THAT surprises me!" she laughs back

Sylvie is more than curious to know what sort of secrets her mysterious friend holds, but never one to bite the hand that feeds her, she asks what she hopes will be a non-confrontational question. With a hand on her shoulder, she pushes the energy forward.

"What do you REALLY think of the people in Holdfast?"
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Callieaste Shanda Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:56 pm

"Well my opinion has changed vastly since first arriving here. I remember thinking how could people call this place a town? It's two buildings! I also expended ruffians and thieves really and a lot more dangerous people, how could  Marquess Valeriya even associate with people like that. I had my bow out the entire time almost when I was here with Duchess Varinia. It was a huge relief seeing that Marquess Valeriya was among some decent people in Holdfast and seeing how invested she was in this town and how much she cared for it and its people really changed my opinion.

I haven't gotten to know very many members of town yet since my arrival is still fairly new. I look forward to getting to know my fellow psychics more, yourself included of course. I get impressed every time I see Taka's aura which is seems to be getting stronger all the time but yet we've hardly spoken at all. I guess in general I came here thinking poorly of the town and have come to the realization I was wrong and I really want to get to know the people here and get to become part of the community. I have the opportunity here to make a lot of new friends and learn about life not only outside the city of Tor'Jadin but outside the Empire."

Callieaste Shanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:29 pm

"such a frank response, I'll have to assume it worked?" Sylvie cocks an eyebrow

"If I may try again, let me see if I can conjure the same energy on my own."

She searches for the same energy deep within her spirit, trying to remember and mimic how it felt. It takes a moment, but again she places a hand of Callies shoulder. Feeling a little more bold, she pushes her questioning a little deeper.

"Is there anyone who should be worried about your presence in Holdfast?"
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Callieaste Shanda Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:01 pm

"It did" Callie nods. "It's very similar energies as projecting an emotion onto another, can you do that? If you can you'd be able to learn this easily. it's like a stepping stone along the way. If you can manipulate someone's feelings you can convince them to tell you the truth"

"Sure, take you time" Callie waits for Sylvie to attempt.

Feeling Sylvie's energy affect her Callie shakes her head. "Not that I know of. I've gotten permission from the local pride mother to be here and I have no intention to claim land or anything. As far as I know no one is threatening Marquess Valeriya so I have no need to harm anyone. I'm a humble servant here to work and be a member of the community. I don't think anyone should feel worried about my presence."

"Good job Sylvie I felt your attempt to sway me. You got a feel for the correct flow and feeling of the energies. That was an interesting question to choose."

Callieaste Shanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:30 pm

" I assure you I didn't expect a worrisome answer." she says as she takes a final sip of her tea.
"I really appreciate you showing me that technique. It'll be useful in the future I'm sure...now what were we talking about?"

The two continue their discussions late into the afternoon.
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Callieaste Shanda Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:04 pm

(signing off for training for Physic Discipline: Compel Truth)

Callieaste Shanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down