Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Trip Back Home

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A Trip Back Home Empty A Trip Back Home

Post by Z Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:07 am

(Dated Monday after June Game)

Z is waiting just outside the inn on this bright and early morning, he's got a satchel with enough food for a couple days, and a few odds and ends. He seems like he's waiting for someone in particular.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

A Trip Back Home Empty Re: A Trip Back Home

Post by AD Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:19 am

Zelda steps out from around the corner, cinching the last of her gear tight for the small journey, charcoal markings running from top to bottom of her face remain. She steps closer to Z, "Ready?"
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:21 am

He gives a nod and begins to set off into the woods, heading along the known trails heading to the northeast, before heading off and into the wilderness true.

After a bit of walking, he gestures to her face, followed by a small shrug.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:39 am

Zelda comfortably follows, taking in the woods and making mental note of landmarks. When she sees Z motion to her face, she shrugs and smiles in return.

"This is me now, that's all. I'm intending on making these permanent as soon as I can."

She keeps silent pace a bit longer before asking, "Does it bother you?"
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:37 pm

He shakes his head, a firm no as he walks, stepping lightly over a fallen log. He then gestures to the markings again and gives a thumbs up.

After a moment of contemplation, and shaking his staff free of some tree branches it had caught on, he points at himself, uses two fingers to draw a line down from his forehead to his chin on both sides of his face, points to zelda, then to the side of his head, and adds a slight shrug with a small open handed gesture in a questioning manner
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:46 am

Zelda tilts her as she smiles in confused amusement. "I will get used to this, I swear I will. Did you want your own?"
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:41 pm

Z smiles and gives a sorta half-yes half-no gesture with his hand, before settling on a sorta thumbs up, he seems a little uncertain and gives a bit of a lopsided smile.

Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:03 am

Zelda nods slightly before continuing, "I can teach you what I know and what they mean to me before you really decide. Just know that flippancy isn't something the Spirits easily forget."
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:22 am

Z nods firmly and twice at that, he understands that Spirits don't forget very well.

Later on the day, as they are sat for a short break and eating some dried jerky and nuts, Z pulls out his small leather-bound book and writes a short question;

"The Confederacy was 3? Tribes? Who are we?"
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:35 pm

Zelda nods as she tears a piece of jerky off and eats. "Pyern, Curn and Skae. We're Curn. While all tribes believe and follow the Spirits of the Woods, We do so with a fair bit more...gusto." She plays with her necklace of seeds absentmindedly, "The Spirits are everywhere and help us with everything. Some guide us and others remind us how to have fun. But most importantly, they remind us to hold respect for the Woods and to be Its champion, particularly when no one else will be." She tears another piece of jerky off as she continues, "Curn, in particular, hold the Spirits and the Woods closer than the other Tribes. Pyern hold knowledge dear and are the reason many of our history is maintained. The Skae are the warriors. They held off the Empire and protected the Woods at what would be the start of the Confederacy Herself. Zander would have made a good Skae..." her eyes drift sadly off as she keeps playing with her necklace.
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sun Jul 03, 2022 6:48 pm

Z nods slowly a couple times, seemingly deep in thought at this. He soon writes "Have you met many spirits?" His brow is furrowed and his mouth holds a slight grimace of worry as he presents his book with this.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Sun Jul 03, 2022 8:03 pm

Zelda's eyebrow raises at Z's grimace, "I've been guided, though...recently has been the first time in a LONG time."
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:10 pm

Z continues to nod at that, and rolls his hands slightly, as though gesturing for more. after doing so (and presumably while Zelda is speaking) he writes in his book his next statement;

"Do spirits ever make... deals? trades?"
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:40 pm

Zelda's head gently snaps up and she makes stern eye contact with Z. "No. Never. At least not with us. The Spirits guide and teach, they nurture and help us to grow. They don't make deals, not with us." She pauses a moment, "At least, not that I've ever seen or been told. We generally don't have what they want. Why?"
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Jul 05, 2022 4:51 pm

Z's eyes wander for a moment, and he seems to hesitate before lightly writing and then passing his notebook to Zelda.

"After dad died, I met with what I thought was a Fae of some sort, but I think may have been a spirit now, it helped me become psychic, but it's also the reason I don't talk, I kinda made a deal? or a pact? with it"

Watching Zelda read, Z keeps his eyes down, almost ashamed of this.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:02 pm

Zelda reads and slowly nods, before passing back the notebook. She gently raises Z's chin to make eye contact with him again, "Describe the deal to me. What happened, what was exchanged, what did it look like?"
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:32 pm

Z grimaces slightly, but meets her gaze, he writes fervently, pausing a couple times deep in thought, trying to recall every detail, before passing her his writings, he watches her intently now, needing to know now what she thinks.

"I had started wandering after a few days, setting out to look for you actually, when after stopping for lunch I felt like someone was following me, after a bit more walking a Raven came and perched on a branch not too far from me, I didn't think much of him before he started talking to me; "Hello Z Croaker oh were do you go?" I got startled a bit and told the Raven I was wandering, looking for my mother, my destiny, anything I could really, I rambled a little actually, as I hadn't had many things to talk to other than dad back in the woods, after a while the Raven asked if I "wanted to unlock my fullest potential, for but a small exchange of favours" I didn't know much back then so I accepted, the Raven told me it's name was Kalthar, and that from, here on out I wasn't to talk, and that I would soon understand what it had done for me" I, said a final goodbye to the Raven the last words I've said, and as it flew off, I collapsed. when I woke up I found my mind was open, and had such depth, I could bless, focus my power, and even meditate."

"Ever since then I haven't said I word, I've never really tried, but I don't know if I want to, what if I lose my powers? People need me now"

Z looks, sad almost, perhaps longing
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:04 pm

Zelda reads, pausing herself in reflection and thought. She mulls over the story in her mind, again and again before putting down the notebook and looking at Z. She sees the boy she never got to holding the worry of the grown man sitting in front of her. And she tries to find the right words.
"You are just incredibly lucky. I've never heard of a Spirit trading with a human...though a Raven shouldn't surprise me."
She looks at Z again, "I can't imagine if you spoke, he would erase everything you have but then, I can't be certain...have you ever thought about looking for him again and asking? Ravens live a fair few years and the island isn't that big."
She looks at Z, with adventure in her eyes, "Shall we?"
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:14 pm

Z's smile grows at this, and grows and grows and doesn't stop, he quickly stows his book into his satchel, grabs a piece of jerky out of his belt pouch and takes a great bite, he stands and has a mischievous glint in his eyes. He reaches for Zelda and helps her rise, they have a Raven to find as they set out into the wilds of Annwm...
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:25 pm

Zelda stands up and grins a wicked grin, smile matching Z's. "Well? Show me where you were when he found you." Zelda does a stage wave of the hand, asking Z to lead on.
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:12 pm

[Fast forward a week's time, Z and Zelda have made his fathers old cabin a home base of sorts as they comb the woods]

Out along the same trail they've walked the past 5 days, Z sits on the stump beneath the tree the raven had once perched and spoken, he lets out a large sigh and gives a broad gesture with his arms out at the surrounding woods. He seems frustrated and tired, they've been searching for quite a while now to no avail
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:44 am

Zelda looks around, at the branches, before sitting on the ground next to Z. She let's out a happy sigh as she finishes laying down. She gives Z a gentle slap on the leg and looks at him with a smile. "Cheer Up! We've got time. That Raven knows who you are and should we find him, will probably come to us. Besides, we just got a week of wood wandering with a partner. I haven't done that in years. So I'll happily keep looking with you." Zelda sits up again and faces Z, youth shining in her eyes, "We'll keep looking, ya?"
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:06 pm

Z can't help the smile creeping at the corners of his mouth, Zelda knows just what to say to keep him motivated and going, he nods, picks up his staff, and gestures first at the left side of the branching path, and then to the right, nimbly manoeuvring his staff between each before looking back at Zelda inquisitively.
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:43 pm

Zelda stands and brushes her self off before straightening her stuff, looking at Z and smiling, "When in doubt, keep to the left."
Zelda makes for the left path, ready to keep pace, she looks at Z, "Does Holdfast normally have things asale it, repeatedly? Like the Druid."
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Sat Jul 09, 2022 7:50 am

Z takes a casual leap forward to the trail head, and gives a shaky hand gesture as he walks forward, he then thinks for a moment and gives a thumbs up, then moves the thumb horizontal, then up again a few times, going back and forth. After that he turns and gives a brief grin while continuing down the trail
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next