Town Meeting

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Town Meeting

Post by Gurok on Thu May 25, 2017 1:54 pm

Stumbling in from a long nap in the bunkhouse, Gurok grabs a bite to eat and looks around the Inn. Hoping to find someone to transcribe for her, she approaches the small group of ladies. "Joy-" She says when there appears to be a break in conversation, "Can you write something down for me, please? It will be short." Now addressing the group, she continues. "And I heard someone had a horn, but I can't remember who... I was hoping I could use it to summon people here to the inn from around the town."
avatar
Gurok

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Joy Rosewood on Thu May 25, 2017 2:15 pm

"OK. Vat do you vant vritten down?"

*Joy gets out her writing materials*
avatar
Joy Rosewood

Posts : 320
Join date : 2016-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Gurok on Thu May 25, 2017 2:21 pm

Thank you Joy. I just want to fix something on the notice board. The time of the town meeting has been moved ahead, it now starts tonight, at ten o'clock by GreyFeareds watch at the very latest. I'm going to try to start gathering people now.
avatar
Gurok

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Gurok on Thu May 25, 2017 2:25 pm

Oh! and also that it is mandatory. If you do not attend at one point or another, you have no right to complain that you didn't get a say in the proceedings.
avatar
Gurok

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Degren Brightforge on Thu May 25, 2017 2:39 pm

Degren steps in through the inn's back door. He kicks his feet off and brushes the soot from his hands onto his pants before setting his Sword and shield in the corner. He sits down at the nearest empty seat and pours himself a brimming glass of ale, tearing away at the nearest unsuspecting loaf of bread and washing it down with the beer. He silently sits and waits for the meeting to being.
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Gurok on Thu May 25, 2017 2:41 pm

Ah! Degrin! Would you do me a favor? Could I- or could you on my behalf, blow your horn real loud outside so everyone comes over here?
avatar
Gurok

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Degren Brightforge on Thu May 25, 2017 2:47 pm

Nodding, Degren stands, " I'll give it a go. No-one ever shows when I blow the damn thing, but it's worth a shot."

He steps back outside and gives the horn one long blast before returning to his seat.
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Gurok on Thu May 25, 2017 3:26 pm

Gurok sits and waits patiently for the rest to arrive.
avatar
Gurok

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk on Thu May 25, 2017 3:34 pm

Grayfeared wanders into the tavern without a stumble in his step. He sits down on the opposite end of tavern. "Good day to ye." He says while slinging off his guitar and finger picking a gentle melody.
avatar
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Pierre on Thu May 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Hearing the horn blare from the distance, Pierre ventures to find the source of alarm. As he stumbles into the tavern, he sees his friend Degren sitting at a table. "Ladies" He says to Gurok and Joy while giving a courteous nod. And another nod towards Grayfeared. He then proceeds to sit with his friend at the table.

"What're you blowin' your horn for? And have you seen the Pork-quoi anywhere? They're suppose to show me the way to their village to help them. Actually, is Phineas kicking around? I need to speak to him as well."
avatar
Pierre

Posts : 48
Join date : 2016-05-18
Age : 26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather on Thu May 25, 2017 3:41 pm

The Halfling proprietor of the Watering Hole Tavern, Phineas J. Pennefeather, comes up from the cellar and into the kitchen as quickly as possible when we hears the horn. Phineas has brought up a basket full of the makings of a true Halfling stew from the cellars beneath the tavern including potatoes, carrots, beets and a few other vegetables along with fresh herbs and leaks that have survived the winter. The Halfling ties on his well-used leather apron, checks the stove, adds wood to the fire, and returns to his work at the preparation counter without a word while the meeting starts.
avatar
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Posts : 181
Join date : 2014-10-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Gurok on Thu May 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Grayfeared! Pierre! and Phineas too! Thank you for coming. We are about to have a town meeting once a few more show up! and no, sorry, I haven't seen the Porkquoi lately, but we will discuss that in the meeting. Do any of you have anything in particular you would like to address, once we get started?
avatar
Gurok

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk on Thu May 25, 2017 3:48 pm

You're the one that called this meeting. What are we already discussing?
avatar
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Hugo on Thu May 25, 2017 3:51 pm

Hugo kicks the dirt off his boots as he enters through the kitchen. Seeing that the meeting was about to start, he finds his way to a bench and takes out his notebook.
avatar
Hugo

Posts : 517
Join date : 2015-06-05
Age : 24
Location : Over the hills and far away

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Ardin Gallagher on Thu May 25, 2017 4:37 pm

Ardin strolls into the inn shortly after hearing the blare of the horn, seeing the crowd gathered around and waiting.
"Greetings, everyone. What's all the commotion about?"
Laying his gear next to Degran's, Ardin takes a seat.
avatar
Ardin Gallagher

Posts : 255
Join date : 2017-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Gurok on Thu May 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Yes! Of course! I suppose I'll get started. Today we have a great many things to discuss. Namely, and in no particular order
The charging of the circles
The Rift
The Champions
Pierre and the Porquois
Pierre's "Situation"
Collection of silver
Merchants
Asher and sky
Asher's brother
The New Council
Knights order of iron, and sub-order of flowers
The Position of sheriff
Faerie circle
The imperial census taker and incoming forces
Eyes and ears on the inside
Holdfast's indepence, and finally,
A census of the peoples and visitors of Holdfast
avatar
Gurok

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk on Thu May 25, 2017 5:41 pm

Grayfeared stops playing and says " the census taker made claims. But can he really back them up? we have how many confederates between here and there? It's clear that they are overextending their reach at most. There's currently a truce as well. "
avatar
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Gurok on Thu May 25, 2017 5:56 pm

So far as I know, there is a truce between the conferacy and the empire like you said. And you are not the only one who doubts the census-takers claim of incredible manpower. But I don't believe Holdfast is part of the conferacy, and if I'm right, the confederates have no reason to risk themselves coming to our aid. If the empire is in fact sending forces, thee are many ways this could go. They could be slaughters by the various monsters on the way, an we would never even see them. Their forces could be sufficiently weakened so that we could easily take them on, or enough would survive to overpower us. Right now, we have enough manpower to fight off eight or ten armed men. But two of our best fighters are planning on going off to hunt werwolves, and may not be here when and if the imperial forces arrive. We must plan a defense strategy.
avatar
Gurok

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Degren Brightforge on Thu May 25, 2017 6:10 pm

" it depends on how trained they are. If they're just recruits, I have no doubt we could kill dozens of them. As it stands, I believe we could likely take ten, if at full strength. From What I know, It is Auron, Pierre, and Volk who leave for the pig people. So we are far from full power. We should send scouts to find them. If they truly plan to take this section of land, they'll require a fort. If they build one, victory will be impossible. But building one would require time and carts laden with materials. Attacking their caravans could prove helpful in convincing them that we aren't worth the trouble."
avatar
Degren Brightforge

Posts : 276
Join date : 2015-09-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk on Thu May 25, 2017 6:22 pm

We should already have defensive plans. We are attacked monthly. But specifying plans might not be bad. At most they'd probably have a tent. So roughly 10 people. Most of them will probably be small fries, led by 1 competent fighter. We could fortify an area with wooden shields and hit them from afar with archers. When they get close enough we can have melee fighters flood out and flank the survivors. I can also buff several people. With the some of the Knights and Volk leaving, archers should be a focus.
avatar
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Hugo on Thu May 25, 2017 6:30 pm

"If I may interject, for once, congratulations on not murdering them everyone. A round of applause for not killing every random imperial who visits our town." Hugo says in the most sarcastic tone he can muster.

...

*Choughs*

"Anyways, I doubt that the census-taker will be able to muster anyone besides mercenaries to come fight us for the town, if he even comes back at all."
avatar
Hugo

Posts : 517
Join date : 2015-06-05
Age : 24
Location : Over the hills and far away

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Joy Rosewood on Thu May 25, 2017 6:32 pm

*Joy posts the written note just below Val''s notice and goes back to where she was sitting*
avatar
Joy Rosewood

Posts : 320
Join date : 2016-09-14

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Gurok on Thu May 25, 2017 6:50 pm

Thank you Hugo. It took a lot of willpower, Believe me. (Under her breath) -"Insolent imperial bastard" "Grayfeared- I agree, we should have a default defensive strategy. At the very least scheduled guard patrols and lookouts. We will discuss that in detain once we get to the part about the Knights. say we send two people out to get more information, and if they find tents of carrivans or supplies, burn them. Or perhaps we could send them out undercover as recruits. We should gather our shield bearers, and possibly make more shields, or other sort of forification. Round up our archers and any offensive spellcasters, train others if need be. Make sure our alchemists have what they need to make blade oil and the like, our smiths stocked with metal and the forges well defended, and our mages who can enchant weapons, as well as medics on guard and ready to go at a moment's notice. We should do a practice run when we have the chance, so everyone knows their role.
avatar
Gurok

Posts : 88
Join date : 2016-09-19
Age : 20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk on Thu May 25, 2017 7:00 pm

I can buff, heal, shoot a bow, and use pretty much any melee weapon. Protecting a forge would be a good idea. But we need to plan based off people we'll have on hand. So scouts should be put on the back burner for now.
avatar
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Posts : 39
Join date : 2015-08-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Ardin Gallagher on Thu May 25, 2017 7:07 pm

I'm inclined to agree with Hugo and Grayfeared on this one, the chances of an Imperial attack this far away from their lands are minimal at best. If they did manage to get through Confederate lands to Annwm with a sizable militia, no small task in and of itself, that noble snob would've had at least a couple sword arms to accompany him, help put some muscle behind his threats and protection for his own skin. From the few days I've been here it seems evident we have more... immediate threats that need to be dealt with. Patrols and preparation should certainly happen, but we should prepare and be on the lookout for what we know is going to come, not what we speculate.
avatar
Ardin Gallagher

Posts : 255
Join date : 2017-04-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Town Meeting

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum