Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phineas makes a stew.

2 posters

Go down

Phineas makes a stew. Empty Phineas makes a stew.

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Tue May 19, 2020 9:53 am

Early in the morning, Phineas J. Pennefeather, the “on again and off again” Halfling Tavernkeeper of the Watering Hole Tavern, quietly climbs up the cellar stairs and steps into the kitchen (in an attempt not to wake anyone who may be asleep in the main room of the tavern). He is carrying a large sack of some of the morning’s gatherings from the nearby meadows and woods. Carefully, Phineas sets the sack on the floor behind the counter and then checks the stove and adds wood to build the fire.

The Halfling reties the strings of his well-used leather apron and returns to his food preparation work at the counter. He washes the soil away and cuts up handfuls of wild edible roots, onions and some of the herbs planted not too far away. Stepping away for a moment, Phineas returns with pieces of lightly-smoked dried cod-fish and some of the remaining potatoes. In less than five minutes, the pot is filled and topped with herbs. Phineas returns to the stove and with a little more dried wood, he has the fire going well enough to put the fish stew on to boil up. In moments, the Watering Hole is filling with the aroma of good food.
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Phineas makes a stew. Empty Re: Phineas makes a stew.

Post by Degren Brightforge Wed May 20, 2020 9:34 pm

Degren pops his head through the door and breathes deeply, closing his eyes to better savor the smell. He looks about the tavern, locking eyes with the halfling, "food?" He says, his eyes once again scanning the room until he notices the pot. "Food," he repeats, this time entering the room and tossing his shield against a wall. Sitting against the wall, he grabs a few fixings-- some bread and butter, as well as a great cup of ale-- and sits back to wait for the food to finish. With a deft hand, he pulls out his pipe , packs it, and lights is using a match, then turns to Phineas, "how goes it?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Phineas J. Pennefeather Thu May 21, 2020 4:18 am

With a clearly well-practiced hand, Phineas fills a bowl to the rim and sets it front of Holdfast’s well-known leading citizen.

“Like usual, it will be better tomorrow if it lasts, but it’s ready to eat now,” says the Halfling. “And I have been busy: travel, buying the necessities, you know.”

Phineas ladles a little of the stew into a mug, stirs the contents with a large spoon to break up any large chunks of vegetable and takes a sip.

“I am supposed to be helping my apprentices brew new things and, other than that, I just making sure that everything is okay around here.”
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Phineas J. Pennefeather

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Fri May 22, 2020 7:18 am

Degren puts the pipe down after a last savoring draw, then takes a few mouthfulls of stew, "mmm," he says, mouth still full, " it won't last." After a few more, he asks, " you've always struck me as a smart enough man, Phineas. With everything that's been going on, what keeps bringing you back to Holdfast? Isn't the risk a fair bit bigger than the reward?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down