Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Using Life and Lore Skills in game: how does it work?

3 posters

Go down

Using Life and Lore Skills in game: how does it work? Empty Using Life and Lore Skills in game: how does it work?

Post by ValerieTheHuntress Sat May 28, 2016 5:42 pm

As a character who used half my XP on life and lore skills, how exactly do I successfully use them in game?

For example, I have Hunting 1 and Tracking 1. How do I successfully use these in game?

The rulebook seems extremely vague on the mechanics of using a life and or lore skill IG (in game).

Is this at the AD's discretion?

Just wondering..
ValerieTheHuntress
ValerieTheHuntress

https://jordanlesterfortopsail.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Using Life and Lore Skills in game: how does it work? Empty Re: Using Life and Lore Skills in game: how does it work?

Post by AD Sun May 29, 2016 9:07 pm

Yup, AD discretion. In the sense of hunting and tracking it's all up to what you're trying to do.
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Using Life and Lore Skills in game: how does it work? Empty Re: Using Life and Lore Skills in game: how does it work?

Post by ValerieTheHuntress Mon May 30, 2016 4:54 am

for example, could I use my hunting and or tracking skills to get tags for CRP's for "wild game" that I caught? also could hunting 1 be used to extract "meat" from the popcorn monsters we fight?

Just things I was wondering. Trying to get a better handle on how to use life and lore skills.
ValerieTheHuntress
ValerieTheHuntress

Back to top Go down

Post by ValerieTheHuntress Mon May 30, 2016 5:12 am

and how would I use Geology 1 to assess rocks that I find?
ValerieTheHuntress
ValerieTheHuntress

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Mon May 30, 2016 8:56 am

No, you would not get CRP's for any IG skill you use. CRP's are completely OOG and have no bearing on IG activity.

Rough differences between those life skills,

Hunting - You can hunt animals, so you would know you need to be silent when hunting and would know when to keep your distance. As well you would know where the prey you're looking for would generally hang out. THOUGH there would be no guarantee that said prey would be there because you have not tracked them to said location.

Tracking - You know how to follow tracks and that's about it. You would not think to be silent because you are not hunting. You would not recognize that you are getting close by the nature around you but rather the tracks left behind. You would not think to keep your distance.

Geology - Should you go gathering or a merchant come into game it will help assess what is a shiney stone or a valuable stone/mineral.

All of these life skills are still up to AD discretion as to what exactly happens, nothing is set in stone.

Hunting will not allow you to crave up an animal and get its meat or hide. Hunting just allows you to get to a good spot to kill the animal. You will need a different lifesill for that.

But all of these skills are very meta. For instance you couldn't use these skills in combat. Hunting allows you to sneak up on OOG animals. If you're fighting a bear with everyone else, saying "Hunting 1, I sneak up on the bear" will get you nothing. If the bear sees you, they see you. No amount of skill sneaking will help.
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down