Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Town Meeting

+17
Malva
Phineas J. Pennefeather
Volkihere Malacalo
Degren Brightforge
Pearrl
Ardin Gallagher
Talia Swanheart
Bishop Fairchild
Jaya
Ivy
Datura Shinso
Pierre
Sylvie
Auron Warfield
Grayfeared the Whitehawk
Gurok
Joy Rosewood
21 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Town Meeting - Page 3 Empty Re: Town Meeting

Post by Datura Shinso Thu May 25, 2017 9:17 pm

"Her sacrifice was in vain. Just like those elves' attempts to bring harm to us. They got off easy."
Datura Shinso
Datura Shinso

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk Thu May 25, 2017 9:23 pm

Grayfeared takes note of Jaya's demeanour, "We don't need more bloodshed. We also don't need to let emotions run wild here. We should all calmly discuss the facts. That's the only way we can come to a logical decision. Emotions will do us no good here. We need order. The time for emotions will come. But now is not that time."
Grayfeared the Whitehawk
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Thu May 25, 2017 9:23 pm

" Jaya, now might be a good time to take a breather. We can all agree that the recent events involving the elves could have been done in a better way, but bringing it up and getting emotional about it will do absolutely no one any good.Hugo, I understand your worry about the council being ignored, and that is the purpose of keeping it small. Seven people couldn't be bothered, but three could be. A sheriff who has everyone's interest in mind is the best, but in the end that person will be only one opinion --- an opinion that can make all the difference in the world. If We make the council responsible for that sheriff's behavior, we remove the individuality from the the position. Then, any action taken Is done so by either the council's consent , or condemned by that very same council"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Degren Brightforge Thu May 25, 2017 9:24 pm

"Datura, the same goes for you. Don't inflame old wounds now, please. "
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Datura Shinso Thu May 25, 2017 9:29 pm

"You elves are so lucky. Your support of those intruders is borderline banditry."
Datura Shinso
Datura Shinso

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Thu May 25, 2017 9:35 pm

"Well, Degren, that's part of the reason I'd consider a council an unnecessary body. It's better to have a sheriff who is only sheriff by the graces of they people they serve the townsfolk, rather than chain the position to the council. Make sure they have a set of laws to enforce, agreed upon by the town, and make sure the sheriff enforces them. Recent history suggests that sheriffs who are seen as doing a bad job are relieved of the position rather quickly, so no need to worry about a sheriff not doing their job right for too long."
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk Thu May 25, 2017 9:35 pm

Grayfeared raises an eyebrow at Datura's comment, "This isn't the time to be hurling insults. If you want to get your digs in do it elsewhere. If we don't nip this in the bud now, the meeting will be derailed and then nothing will get done. Which, by the way, is a good example of why we need a council."
Grayfeared the Whitehawk
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaya Thu May 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Jaya suppresses the urge to toss some fire at a certain someone and instead clenches her fist tighter.  

"I'm just trying to prove a point, this is what the town needs. We can't have people not feeling safe or like their people and beliefs don't matter. Everyone needs to have a voice and there needs to be talking before actions that can have huge consequences. I'm sure you can agree after some comments tonight not everyone will agree with each other so instead of a town meeting that ends up a tavern brawl we should just have a council of civil representatives deal with things.

Last edited by Jaya on Thu May 25, 2017 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jaya
Jaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Datura Shinso Thu May 25, 2017 9:40 pm

"We're all here for the same reason. Under Gurok's summon; to speak our minds. If we cannot, this whole meeting is meaningless. My digs are right here, in this room."
Datura Shinso
Datura Shinso

Back to top Go down

Post by Auron Warfield Thu May 25, 2017 9:41 pm

Auron speaks up.

"For what it's worth, I'm also in favor of a council. I feel like we spend far too long talking about what to do, and not enough time taking action. A small council would allow for quick, informed decision making. It would be formed by people chosen by the entire town, so doesn't that help ensure all voices are represented in some way?"
Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Thu May 25, 2017 9:42 pm

"I'm going to bite my tongue on a comment in favor of asking the lot of you to stay on the topic of the role of the sheriff for now. The desire for a small council has been voiced already."

"If you're interested in a fist fight however, take it outside."
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Datura Shinso Thu May 25, 2017 9:44 pm

"You seem uneasy, Jaya. Is it because you don't have a logical reply to my comment about elves? You said it yourself. We can't have people feeling unsafe. Those elves caused exactly that. Pick your side. I'd suggest you choose carefully; I can see you 'heating' up over there."
Datura Shinso
Datura Shinso

Back to top Go down

Post by Talia Swanheart Thu May 25, 2017 9:48 pm

Talia walks out of the kitchen with a huge piece of delicious pie in hand.

"Sorry, I couldn't help but overhear. I realize I'm new here and my opinion may not matter to any of you but it seems to me that the problem with this town is the lack of unity."

She takes an enormous bite of the pie. For dramatic effect or because it's so yummy she can't help herself, nobody knows. She swallows and continues.

"All I'm saying is no council or sheriff will stay in place if the people in this town are against each other. You all need to lighten up! This is probably one of the weirdest, scariest places I've ever come across so you need to stand together."

She finishes the last of the pie and sighs in disappointment.

"Unite the town first, then work on the council because that is a good idea. Have a party or something! Do something fun together! I don't know, have a huge brawl to get your anger out! Just do something or this town is going to destroy itself. "

She leaves to find more pie.
Talia Swanheart
Talia Swanheart

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Thu May 25, 2017 9:53 pm

"Datura, do the rest of us a favor and shut up. If you want to bitch and moan about fey politics, go find a venue that *isn't* the middle of a town meeting. Perhaps you and Jeya could take it outside, maybe somewhere non-flammable."
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Grayfeared the Whitehawk Thu May 25, 2017 9:54 pm

"Alright, putting all that aside," Grayfeared sighs, "Who do we have as nominations for the sheriff? I believe fairy nominated Gurok. Currently I'm against it. However, if the position were changed to make it answer to a council, I would change my vote to support the decision. Are there any other nominations?"
Grayfeared the Whitehawk
Grayfeared the Whitehawk

Back to top Go down

Post by Datura Shinso Thu May 25, 2017 9:57 pm

"I think I'll do it right here. Unless someone wants to attempt to remove me."
Datura Shinso
Datura Shinso

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Thu May 25, 2017 10:02 pm

"I would like to nominate Sir Gallagher for the position of sheriff. While new, I believe he has a functioning sense of justice and duty which is ideal for the position."

"And Datura, do you want the Inn burned down again, because this is the sort of bullshit that gets the Inn burned down again."
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaya Thu May 25, 2017 10:07 pm

"I'm done wasting my energy. Datura's unsympathetic views on others is his own problem, not mine.

I believe Faerie appointed that position to Gurok? Is that not correct?"
Jaya
Jaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Datura Shinso Thu May 25, 2017 10:09 pm

"If someone burns the tavern, so be it. It'll only display Gurok's failure to unify and create peace. That being said, I nominate Pierre. Nobody has a more solid mind than him. He would only better this town in every way. Trustworthy, just, and powerful."
Datura Shinso
Datura Shinso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sylvie Thu May 25, 2017 10:10 pm

"I may be new to zis town, but it would appear to me ze only person wis zere head on zere shoulders is missiure Pierre! E' has many of ze great...how you say..leadership skills!"
Sylvie
Sylvie

Back to top Go down

Post by Auron Warfield Thu May 25, 2017 10:12 pm

"As much as I hate to say it, I'm inclined to agree with Datura. Pierre would make an ideal sheriff. Consider that my nomination as well, pending further discussion on what the position actually entails, and who they serve."

He turns to Jaya: "Also, uh, and I really don't mean any disrespect by this, but... when did Faerie get the authority to appoint the sheriff of our town? I don't recall ever having a discussion about that."
Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Datura Shinso Thu May 25, 2017 10:15 pm

"Faerie can appoint whoever the fuck they want, all the fuck they want. Their influence may be able to swallow your minds whole, but to the rest of us, that tyrant's opinions do not matter."
Datura Shinso
Datura Shinso

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaya Thu May 25, 2017 10:21 pm

"Maybe it's what's stopping Faerie from leveling this town or at least those who are disrespectful. I wouldn't test Faerie's patience if it's what they want we should at least try. I also could be wrong it could be a recommendation and we're free to choose how we see fit"
Jaya
Jaya

Back to top Go down

Post by Datura Shinso Thu May 25, 2017 10:27 pm

"Tell me. Does your God know my god? If so, why are we at such opposite ends of the spectrum? If not, why are your god's beliefs being imposed on us while mine aren't?"
Datura Shinso
Datura Shinso

Back to top Go down

Post by Auron Warfield Thu May 25, 2017 10:29 pm

"That... sounds a little bit like we're being strong-armed into doing what Faerie wants, doesn't it? "Appoint who I choose, and do as I say, or I may level your town!"

Is that really the entity you choose to worship? I truly mean no disrespect by asking this, but I must know."
Auron Warfield
Auron Warfield

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next