Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Krond Prepares for a Long Journey

+2
Degren Brightforge
Torvallis!
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Krond Prepares for a Long Journey Empty Krond Prepares for a Long Journey

Post by Krond Thuliaga Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:00 am

After sleeping for what feels like forever, Krond wakes up in his tent over by the knight's encampment. He wipes the sleep from his eyes and gets dressed. When he emerges from his tent he takes a deep breathe in; the morning air is crisp and fresh. Its hard to believe that only 2 days ago Holdfast was under attack by the Axis, and that an intense battle was fought to keep the world from being destroyed. It all seemed so surreal to him; fighting beside Elemental Lords against beings from another plane of existence. It was the fiercest battle he has ever fought.

But Krond couldn't wait around any longer, and the time of celebration with his companions has come to an end. He knew what he had to do next. He grabs his water-skin pouch and walks over to the inn. He enters quietly as the morning is still young and not many people are awake. In front of him stands Hassan and Timmean working in the kitchen preparing breakfast. He bids them good morning and asks if they can fill up his waterskin pouch with fresh water. Curiously, they do as he asks. Krond puts a rough on the counter, takes a piece of bread with him, and says 'goodbye' as he exits the inn.

Krond walks slowly across the field, pleasantly eating his plain bread. When he reaches the knights camp he begins packing most of his things in a ruff sac; filling it with rations, tools, a small kit, and a bedroll. Once he finishes packing his bags, he armors up and shoulders his newly forged Gram. He heads over to the trail in front of the knight's camp and then turns to take a long, pensive look at Holdfast.
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Krond Prepares for a Long Journey Empty Re: Krond Prepares for a Long Journey

Post by Degren Brightforge Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:09 am

Degren, working the smelter, hears some commotion outside. Krond, it would seem, is not silent when donning his armour. He leaves the forge to continue melting the iron, and pops outside. "G'morning! Where are you headed off to, Krond? "
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:25 am

Krond takes the jerky from Torvalis!, “thanks T!, I appreciate it.” He nods and then looks at Degren. “I’m afraid I must take an extended leave, my friend. I have been uneasy the last month about the safety of my clan; upon hearing that rifts were opening up all over the mainland, including the Dragonspire Mountains, I can’t help but worry. If a Rift opened up and they were attacked, I fear they could not handle the onslaught. I absolutely must return to them and make sure that they are unharmed. Please understand.” He looks earnestly at Degren.
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Degren Brightforge Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:36 pm

"Alright... things looks safe enough here," he grabs his friends hand in an embrace, depositing 3 rares as he departs, " but if you don't come back, I swear by all the spirits and gods I'll give Datura your job. Don't make me do that, eh?"
Degren Brightforge
Degren Brightforge

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:40 pm

"Pfft! Datura training the Brigade?" he snickers, "not a chance." Krond smiles and grabs Degren's hand in embrace, accepting the 3 rares he gives him. "I'll be back my friend. I don't know how long this will take, but I will return. Until then, stay alive and well."

Last edited by Krond Thuliaga on Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:48 pm

A little bit groggy, Winnie makes her way down from her camp where the Earth Circle is...was. Upon reaching the Knight's camp, she notices Krond with his armor donned and belongings packed. Quickly, she runs up to him, dropping her staff as she roots through he side bag for some paper.
"You're leaving? If you're leaving take this." She hurriedly scribbles on a page in her book and tears it out to give to Krond. "If you happen to pass through Ner Batin on your journey, visit Bard's Bounty. Its a shop a little ways away from the docks. My family will give you lodging and food if you show them this note." She smiles, though a little sadly. " My mother makes a rather tasty roast goose. They'll treat you as their own."
She stuffs the book pack into her bag. "That note is also good for a few weeks worth of rations. My tab will be charged, so you have no need to worry about payment this time around."
Winnie
Winnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ardin Gallagher Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:54 pm

Heading towards the former earth circle, Ardin overhears Krond talking about his clan, and heads back towards the bunkhouse. A few minutes later he returns.

"I heard you were leaving for your clan, Krond. Take this" Ardin hands him a letter.

"There's a tribe on the coast of the Great Woods, Lavohka, just across the water from Ner Batin. If you happen through there, our shaman have been keeping a close eye on the happenings of the rifts, they might have information for you. Show the captain this letter, and they'll help you however they can with healing and provisions, and ensure safe passage through the Confederacy. May the spirits smile upon you and your clan Krond, and bless your journey for the bravery you showed here in Holdfast."
Ardin Gallagher
Ardin Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:40 am

Krond looks to Winnie, “thank you little one, I’ll be sure to make good use of this should the need arise. I appreciate it. Keep practicing your weapon skills while I’m gone.”

Krond looks to Ardin “That’s fantastic. Every bit of information helps. I’ll be sure to stop by on my way. Thank you for all your help Ardin.”

Krond packs his new provisions and letters into his ruff sac. He looks to those around him and gives them a nod, “farewell for now” he says as he turns his back to them. He makes his way to the outskirts of the town and walks the forest path outside of Holdfast until he cannot be seen again.
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Winnie Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:47 am

Krond Prepares for a Long Journey 58zN3aj
Winnie
Winnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:59 pm

A little ways outside of town a figure clad in black can be seen moving through the underbrush off the main road. It moves deftly, but with some inexperience through the woods.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:20 pm

The movement catches Krond’s eye, he jolts his head where he saw the brush moving and grips his blade tightly. “Is someone there?” He asks while assuming a defensive stance.
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:54 am

The figure disappears suddenly.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:23 am

Krond releases the grip on his sword and returns to his normal stance. “Tsk. Looks like I can’t let my guard down even for a minute. I better keep going, I want to at least get to Applevale before tonight.”

Krond continues down the road from Holdfast, keeping a constant watch of his surroundings.
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:34 am

A little while later the figure again can be seen in the woods. It starts moving away from the Applevale road and heading East towards an unknown point.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:22 pm

Out of the corner of his eye, Krond sees the figure appear and then take off eastwards. He lets out a sigh and relaxes, “welp, guess it won’t be bothering me anymore.” Krond continues down the path to Applevale.
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:29 pm

After a few seconds he stops and ponders, ‘maybe it was something that was trying to get my attention?’ He thinks to himself. ‘Alternatively, it could be someone trying to ambush me. In which case it’d be stupid to follow it. Plus It seems out of the way from where i’m heading.’ He contemplates the decision. ‘No, it’s probably best I don’t follow it. Best to just keep going where i’m going.’

Krond picks up the pace of his walking; again, keeping a constant watch of his surroundings.
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:50 am

A dark figure suddenly appears behind Krond.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:02 pm

The ‘sudden’ appearance of the dark figure startles Krond. He whips around as fast as possible and goes back into a combat stance as he stares at the figure; recognizing it as the same figure that had appeared earlier.

“I’ve had enough of your games. Why are you following me? State your business now!” Krond says with anger in his voice. He growls a little under his breathe and is prepared to strike if need be.
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:43 pm

The figure stands stock still, black clothes billowing in the breeze. A familiar voice replies. "I could say the same of you, Krond. Why are you following me? Did Degren send you?"
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:09 pm

Krond raises an eyebrow and turns up his face in confusion. He rocognizes the soft voice under the black clothing and loosens his grip on Gram.

“Valeriya?” He questions.
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:13 pm

"Obviously. Although I believe I have requested that you call me something else. Valeriya is what my mother and strangers call me, and for give my assumption, but I think we are better aquainted than that." The veil that the black clothed elf wears somehow still manages to convey the smirk she is obviously making underneath.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Krond Thuliaga Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:28 pm

Krond relaxes his sword arm and stands up straight. “Right, sorry Val. Just had to be sure.” He shoulders Gram over his back, carrying it like a nap sack with the cloth attached to the handle. The heavy blade weighs him down and makes his steps heavy as he approaches Lady Val, “what are you doing all the way out here? We’re quite a ways from Holdfast.”
Krond Thuliaga
Krond Thuliaga

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:39 pm

"As I said, I could ask you the same. I am headed to meet our allies to see if they survived the cataclysm created by the Elemental Lords. Where are you going?"
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next