Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

April 2023 - Month of The Rat

4 posters

Go down

April 2023 - Month of The Rat Empty April 2023 - Month of The Rat

Post by Z Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:12 pm

Memories go here folks!
Z
Z

Back to top Go down

April 2023 - Month of The Rat Empty Re: April 2023 - Month of The Rat

Post by Z Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:26 am

Great start to the season everyone! Shoutout to all the new players who came out and did such a good job!

Friday
- Walking in with some of the guild from Applevale
- Yes we absolutely should have killed those hags goddamnit
- Oh slimes, that's fun! with some extra funky juice in them tonight
- And some weird rats and spiders with various potions and... Psychic abilities???
- Welp that's much more my ballpark of a problem than alchemy at least
- Deal with some of that, and it's getting late, people are going to bed and oh my there are so many things left out, I sure hope no one gets into any of them...

Saturday
- Good morning gathering! Woohoo!
- Hello spiders! You can't stop us this morning!
- Gathering was nice, a little wet with some snow and a touch emptier than I thought it would be, but it was nice getting out to get gathering again
- Relax a little that morning, work on getting some psychic training once this Manthree guy shows up, as he is HELLA Psychic, I hope he turns out ok and sticks around a bit
- More weird rats, alchemists are working on figuring it out, thanks guys!
- Hey Zelda! How're you doing? Mmm interesting visions huh? Let's go talk about that then
- We have some nice rp and time in the woods which is great, I love the woods
- Oh you're almost done making me drugs, thanks Lily!
- And the Lords are here? No one else is in the inn? What a superb opportunity!
- Me and Lily head down to the Earth Circle afterwards and have a nice chat with Lord Earth, he seems like an alright guy.
- All the lords gather in the field afterwards, I make an offering Lord Fire and he politely declines, suit yourself I guess
- Once the lords are gone we chill for a bit, get some more psychic training which is great, I'm almost back to full power come next month
- More creatures, this guy named Rincewind shows up and is apparently a necromancer? I don't like that
- He used to OWN MERRIC?? Yeah that's a bad fellow, not a big fan of slavery.
- Aaaaaaaand he's spectrum, fuck that complicates things
- We tolerate him for the time being so as to not start a fight we mightn't be able to win
- Another merchant swings in as we're doing supper, and there is a *Bizarre* occurrence which ends up with him dead
- We play murder mystery for the better part of an hour or so and throw many theories around
- Rincewind is apparently going to "Test Us" and prototype his skeleton army, fantastic, I wish we ran him out earlier.
- Follow him into the treeline to see what he's doing, he tells me "it's not him I should be worried about" as he works on raising his skeletons
- I slip from him and watch unseen as he disappears in void, hmm don't like that
- Skeleton army time, it is actually a good chance to shore up town's work on the field at least
- The first few waves are fine, but they are adapting and getting stronger, eventually we abandon the Inn as Rincewind is destroying the Barriers of Life and teleporting skeletons inside there, the Citadel is a much more secure location
- B I G armoured skeleton comes out, that must be one of his generals or something, once we get it down I try to pry anything off of it and can't, there's no psychic energy within it but there is... something, I don't like this
- Bikbun gets to work, he's better at this sorta thing than I am, and soon enough we know there's a trapped spirit within
- Haji, I'm sorry, I wish we could've done more
- Seeing a void destroys is scary, but further reinforces my desire to rid us of Rincewind as soon as we can
- I head in and post a rather angry note about my future plans to send spectrum affinity / ascended straight to hell with some help and a hell of a lot of Psychic
- A handful of us have a lovely hour or 2 chatting about Holdfast and going through my old journal which was a ton of fun, trying to teach Corin shapes, and explaining to sex to Haji as well
- We eventually reach the part of the night where it's kinda oog-y and have a ton more fun conversation, before I know it it's 330am, goodnight Holdfast

Sunday
- Ah sleep in a good bit
- Time to mug Ryn seeing as no one else will for the ribbons game, come on guys I wasn't expecting to do all the work myself
- We start to tussle and a variety of people work to interfere, sorry about the burnout Kez
- Get my payout once we finish up, get a bit more psychic training too, hell yeah
- Kez is gonna do a lil ritual so I may as well see what's on the go as it is getting late
- Hey Kez what the fuck
- Welp, gg folks! Was a good one!

Overall great season intro, had a blast, see y'all next game!
Z
Z

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:41 am

Honestly this may have been one of my favourite games so far! I really felt the vibes of Holdfast actually being a town (rather than a quest hub or something).

Friday
-Pretty Chill overall, got a chance to talk to most of the newcomers and welcome them to town.
-Franklin got spiritbound to a rat (That's strange Question )
-A few other rat/slimes doing odd things.
-Had some really nice RP with Yanna about how bardic magic works
-Also the traveler getting mauled (and killed) on their way in to town is a little concerning...
-Highlight of tonight was definitely getting the chance to use Fixing a Hole for the first time.

Saturday
-Work up rather early, my tent was frigid  April 2023 - Month of The Rat 2744  April 2023 - Month of The Rat 2744
-Helped with breakfast, which is one of my favourite times. Its very peaceful knowing that I'm not missing much else.
-Went out gathering with the squad, there were quite a few spiders lurking in the woods. I snagged some herbs though
-When I got back I managed to pay my debts to Val (with a little unrequested help that is)
-Shortly after lunch I passed out (a much needed nap)
-I wake up to none other than a visit from The Elemental Lords !?!
-I very quickly run down to the earth circle and fangirl about Lord Earth.
-He gave me Tiny Mana™ (A blessing)
-We all learned some interesting things about the nature of the elemental planes and how they interact with our own.
-Come back out to the main field to watch the gathering of the Lords and their Champions, Apprentices and Steward. (A very cool moment).
-After several more strange animal attacks occur, I decide we should probably consolidate all the information and start an investigation.
-I spend the next few hours gathering intel and creating a god-like report on the matter.
-At some point someone gets exploded (not a blessing)
-We finish the night off with a little "Experiment" with Rincey-poo, (followed by a post battle debrief from him ?!?)
-Very sorry for Haji. That is in fact very rough.
-Couldn't deal with the fact that we were chilling alongside the individual that attacked us with the tortured souls of the damned literally an hour earlier, and so went to bed.

Sunday
-Wake-up, help with breakfast (the usual)
-Everyone was much later up than Saturday (no gathering will do that)
-Started a game of Jot-See™ (The Game Where You Jot down what you See) with some of the newbies
-I get paid for my report and get a personal meeting with the representative of the Beast Guild (sweet!)
-I am suddenly not poor any more (a blessing)
-Lost a friend through the merging of two previous ones  Sad
-Spent some quality time watching Corrin chop trees while I doot on my flute.
-Ending the game with a bang! Got asked to hold some mana and ended up blinded (not a blessing)

All in all, a fantastic game! I love where this season is going, can't wait for the next one!
Rook
Rook

Z likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:38 pm

Welp time for me to add on since my brain is no longer mush and my head cold has me stuck in bed

Friday
- Welp time to go face the town as a hornless faun ahahaha spooky
- "did you get a haircut?" Haji... just look slightly further up i beg
- omg so many people, omg joan and shade its been months friends!!
- yoyo what up... what do you mean theres alchemical rats what
- WHAT DO YOU MEAN THE RATS CAN SOUL BIND
- Hey Z what are you..... is that a silver? .. i aint see shit byeee
- bed time am sleepy

Saturday
- morning gang, damn it just missed morning gather
- neeevermind luis how do you always get poisoned the second i turn my back
- why do all the rats and spiders have contact gel on them because they arent making them themselves
- No globetrot you cannot drink the goop give me that its my goop now
- Heres my payment Val, thanks for spotting the rest Verbena
- Hey val whats- *thud*... thats a lot of blue poppy
- hey guys whos that over there? oh thats lord air? oh cool, oh bye kez
- Ill come with ya to the earth circle clover new faun friend FTW
- Lord earth chill af we vibe, thanks for the blessing
- Oh all the lords are here, hey lord fire you seem cool but imma just scoot this way ahahaha #LavacondaTrauma
- Is that... Rincewind? from rosemary reprieve? why are you here?
- ignored him for the most part, more focused on the alchemy rats with psychic i guess????
- Mmmmm merric and this guy got a history, kinda wanna punch him
- hey Kez what are you doing? Barrier of life stuff oh cool... wait what do you mean skeleton prep... how many???? fuck.
- set myself up on the ramp to counter balance and still fight, poultice in pocket ready to go
- so far so good, everyone is holding themselves well, but these fuckers are getting stronger
- hey shade how you- DID THAT SKELETON JUST TELEPORT?!?
- Hi ground, Hi Z, Hi floor, Hi Yanna, am i getting patched up now? yea? sick thanks youre amazing
- What happened with the barrier of life?... WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE WIPED IT OFF
- To the citadel we go i guess bless Kino and her positivity
- Hey franklin what do you mean that thing said haji's name?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN DONT WORRY CLEARLY IM WORRIED *panicked faun noises*
- oh... oh haji im so sorry.
- Angy drix mode, gonna need to stitch his tongue cuz of how hard hes biting it to not scream
- long day finished, spend some time laughing with others/cast OoG then its time to hit the hay

Sunday
- mmmmm sleeby however, blueberry muffin
- hi marr, yeah yeah i got no horns laugh up sob
- hey Z whats up.. no im not stealing from ryn... why did you give me a poultice?.... wait, FUCK-
- help with more creatures, did someone give this falcon dwarfskin?????
- is it experiment time kez? Yay im coming!
- mmmm thats a lot of fire rook switch places with me? k cool
- ooo kez what did you.. ow that hurts
- black, then blinding white, then black, then blinding white again... what happened? (OOG: the answer is marr happened. he kicked a down faun. rood)
- welp science is science at least we learned something!!

Overall absolutely amazing weekend, got to chat with people IG i haven't chatted with a whole lot yet, absolute blast!!!!
Drixar
Drixar

Z and Rook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:21 pm

This game was a game of getting to mess around with spells, my favourite!

Friday:

- "I wonder if Air Unbinds would get someone out of a slime?"

- Before I get the chance to ask Franklin to volunteer for the experiment, found a proper lab rat (a rat) enveloped by a slime instead. Lucky me!

- Also it worked to that was good.

- Ambushed by a slime dropping from the roof: "The power of essence takes you back to the roof!"
God I love having this essence spell.

- Besides bailing out Franklin so he could finish soloing a slime I don't recall doing much else Friday night

Saturday:

- Smithquest: Gonna make me a new sord!

- Gathered up the kit and caboodle and made that sumbish!

- O shit get to meet the lords

- O shit I'm worthy of being air apprentice (being worthy was enough; happy for you Dog! time for you to get your T4 air and Air Slows!)

- Air Circle goes hard: If you step up to the air circle you get a sword, one way or another, as Merric found out.

- Pantsd Bikbun and Merric with magic: Pranks are ok if you ask permission first! Apparently!

- The Rats know what Ivy is about: They use their tunnels to elude me lest they get spun and/or sent to the shadow realm (the boneyard)

- Lunch and Dinner happen at some point. I took a nap too. It ruled. Apparently the perogies were a banger.

- Wake up from my nap and apparently some merchant has been murdered and there are skeletons in the field. Sounds normal

- Apparently we don't attack the necromancer raising the skeletons over and over again in spite of the skull smashing, and this is all recreational violence. Sounds like fun!

- Yea it was fun, just had to banish a skele to the shadow realm and yell a lil bit about doors.

Sunday:

- Some bullshit about ribbons

- Degren: "Y'know, I bet that tea merchant in there is actually Val"

- Degren: was right lol

- Teleporting out of a web only to walk back into it on purpose to bait the spider out from under the deck

- related to the above: Watching the corpse of a spider spiral off into the distance

I didn't do that much fighting this game, but the fights I took I enjoyed immensely! Shame I'll be mountain climbing in New York for may game, but I'm looking forward to June!
Ivy
Ivy

Rook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down