Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Song of the Displaced — A Halfling Far From Home

2 posters

Go down

Song of the Displaced — A Halfling Far From Home Empty Song of the Displaced — A Halfling Far From Home

Post by Pavel Vesely Fri Feb 16, 2024 2:58 pm

He wasn't in Egg anymore. Between the money being anathema to him, and his lack of knowledge on usable materials, Pav had confined himself to the inn. The view he'd beheld through the window had invoked memories of tales he'd heard about the White Death. Heating some water by the hearth, the normally jovial Halfling crossed the building, soon cozying up in a nearby corner with his lyre to pass the time. Closing his eyes as his thumb met the strings, Pav's furry hand navigated the instrument to pluck a gentle tune. Anything to distract him from his recent introspection.
"I'd rather be a dreamer with a copper," he crooned softly, "than a rich man, with a worried mind." Continuing his song, he soon began to slowly scan about, his gaze briefly falling upon his father's bow and the bone-tipped arrows he'd brought with him from the Mainland. Behind the romantic number, however, rested a wistful smile that could all but betray his troubles at a glance.
Pavel Vesely
Pavel Vesely

Quill likes this post

Back to top Go down

Song of the Displaced — A Halfling Far From Home Empty Re: Song of the Displaced — A Halfling Far From Home

Post by 'Kondor' Ashblight Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:21 pm

During one of his brief excursions, Kondor caught wind of a gentle melody wafting from the inn amid the unforgiving winter months. Despite being pressed for time, a combination of curiosity and the yearning for tranquility compelled him to step inside.

Spotting a familiar face, he made his way toward his musical companion, greeting with a voice that was still hoarse yet relieved, "The lyre resonates as beautifully as ever, my friend. May I join you?"
'Kondor' Ashblight
'Kondor' Ashblight

Back to top Go down

Song of the Displaced — A Halfling Far From Home Empty Re: Song of the Displaced — A Halfling Far From Home

Post by Pavel Vesely Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:35 pm

Glancing up at Kondor, Pav tilted his head, his nimble fingers continuing to pluck away listlessly at the strings.
"Why, 'ello, stranger," he greeted calmly.
"You're more'n welcome to join me, bencove."
Shuffling out of the corner slightly to make room, he'd pat the floor beside himself. "So, anything new in your travels?", Pav asked.
Pavel Vesely
Pavel Vesely

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Kondor' Ashblight Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:57 pm

"Many thanks," Kondor acknowledged with a brief nod, settling into his seat and placing his shortsword across his lap.
"To be concise, my mind harbors a multitude of unspoken expectations and looming perils of late. Moreover, the yearning for home tugs persistently at the heartstrings."
As he glanced around, Kondor methodically wiped the fresh snow from his blade. After a contemplative moment, he inquired with a gentle tone, "Have your travels seen any changes?"
'Kondor' Ashblight
'Kondor' Ashblight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavel Vesely Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:43 am

"I've nanti dry town all Winter," *Pav replied, beginning to slowly pluck another soft melody.* "Though I've grown somewhat homesick, m'self." *Closing his eyes in thought, the Halfling began to play slightly faster, dwelling on his family, and his old friend, Vera.* "Alas, as badly as I'd like to varda my family, I'm effectively stranded here on Annwm, an' can't so much as screeve 'em a note to check up."
Pavel Vesely
Pavel Vesely

Back to top Go down

Post by 'Kondor' Ashblight Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:12 pm

“That so, eh?" Kondor mused, "Thought I was alone in that regard!" He continued with a solemn chuckle, "Being so far from home exacts a hefty toll. Even after nearly a year in this place, it still doesn't sit quite right with me."
'Kondor' Ashblight
'Kondor' Ashblight

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavel Vesely Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:49 pm

"A whole year?" the Halfling replied in mild surprise, "I've 'ardly been 'ere a few months. Not quite the circus I'd 'oped for, but it's a three-ring circus in its own right." With a soft chuckle, Pav leaned back into the wall, his gaze briefly turning to the ceiling. "Wish I could lend more of a hand sometimes, but I'm not exactly an omi with many skills. Some of the things I've heard of are just plain meshigener..." Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath. "Reckon I'll take the next year to figure out what I want to do, eh?"
Pavel Vesely
Pavel Vesely

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum