Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nov 2022 "THE IRON HARVEST"

+2
Ivy
Z
6 posters

Go down

Nov 2022 "THE IRON HARVEST" Empty Nov 2022 "THE IRON HARVEST"

Post by Z Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:14 pm

Y'all know how it is, have some fun, write some memories! I wanna hear how y'all found game pretty please Smile
Z
Z

Ivy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Nov 2022 "THE IRON HARVEST" Empty Re: Nov 2022 "THE IRON HARVEST"

Post by Ivy Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:57 pm

Starting off strong with the memes:

Nov 2022 "THE IRON HARVEST" 314921087_801478270961281_5129592517619202836_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=HpNwaF4Q3gMAX-JKI6e&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1

Nov 2022 "THE IRON HARVEST" 313897100_615975410328417_6176206900680248701_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=fVzDEPFw3MYAX-Iz69x&_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:17 pm

This was a blast! You guys did a great job!

Friday
-Started out pretty intense, I would normally journal as game starts but definitely couldn't focus with everything going on. Zelda's inky death, the crazy cryptic journal, and then the shadow skellies! Oh my!
-Speaking of skeletons, I went outside to help Rosco (who was down on the deck) and see Dog. Good I won't have to worry about protecting myself I think to myself as I'm trying to piece together what's happening. Then I hear "The power of void makes me shadows" and I think Oh neat, Dog has new powers! It is only after I am being beaten into submission that I realize it is not Dog and in fact just a Dog-shaped skeleton...
-Also Theo then stepped on Rosco (Ouch)
-The rest of Friday night was a blur of field-medicine. One time I ran out to get Franklin, and very much dropped him and ran when a skeleton got too close. (I was very embarrassed by this  Embarassed )
-I remember thinking how surprised I was at how late I was up.

Saturday
-Woke up early in the morning, to the quiet of the cold
-Helped with the breakfast and had a great morning with Knife, Louis [sp?] and later, Malva and Dog chatting about the goings on of the night before.
-Managed to go to my first real gathering session and gathered a lovely amount of swords. (All of which were poor quality)
-Oh and a not so lovely amount of land mines.
-Took a trip down to the Water circle with Theo (A good and peaceful place)
-Got a good lesson on draining excess fluid from the heart and lungs from Rosco [Acting as a conduit for Ryan]
-I met Vindle in the Ichor Zone, really nice dude, really not nice plans...
-Later I went for a forest stroll with Kez, Ammelia, Rynn and Gull. We had a great chat about plants and mushrooms!
-After lunch, Theo was cursed to stay within the Inn, and so I got a chance to get some pointers on channeling my will and intent through my music. (This resulted in an impromptu world premier of my new song).
-The early evening allowed some shared singing between Gull, Yanna, Kez, and myself, which was a beautiful moment (perhaps my favourite of this game)
-Then came the start of the battle: oozes, skellies and Exploding heads.
-Oh and Dimitri's dramatic and scantily clad return from death.
-Convenient break in the action just in time for supper.
-Followed by the biggest blackest ooze showing up.
-The battle was fierce, the deck being an epicenter for the ooze was not ideal for the successful implementation of the field medic crew.
-Afterwards I had a really nice talk with Val about earth things. (And only got threated with death 7 times!)
-Ended the night off with circle chats about renaming the inn and a some friendly talks with Vindle!

Sunday
-Literally just slept in and played Jot-See (The game where you jot down what you see! [Counterpart to Yenga])
-Oh and I lost two earth mana playing mana catch. Crying or Very sad
Rook
Rook

Ivy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivy Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:24 pm

I have A Lot to post, so for now I'll start with some of the little moments I remember as (one of the) EDs for this game

- Getting lost in the woods trying to put out egg mods and black swords

- Leonardo !!!!!!!
What an adorable little guy, thank you so much Danica for bringing him to game

- Sebastien putting two and two together on how to get rid of the ichor parasites about 5 hours before anyone else.

- To that: Hitting everyone who got purified of parasites, aesculapius'd, etc. with the "can you keep doing what you're doing while having a heart attack?"

- The Random Egg Mods XD

Last edited by Ivy on Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:57 pm

As another ED, my memory of this event is a haze lost in a fog. But! Some highlights:

- Getting pushed into the inn as an Ichor Monster (thanks Marcus). Got ya'll out of the inn right fast!
- Engulfing Vindel as Cubert JR. Good pets.
- Going up to Mitchell while he was building Cubert and him telling me to go buckwild and plant any remaining swords we had. Yessir, Lord Commander.
- Cubert! The main cube itself! Great fun holding that beast in place.
- Monaco!!!!!!!!!!
Rudi
Rudi

Ivy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:03 pm

i made a massive note with memories that i may or may not post later, but the tldr is;
-rosco is head medic for a weekend and three people die
-sophie is the coolest motherfucker alive and he wants to be just like her. another fiesty medic comes to town, does cool surgery and you think he isn't going to see her as the best thing since sliced bread?
-rosco finally convinces the town that hey, maybe we shouldn't kill that guy, and for once he's right
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

AD, Ivy and Rook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:18 am

Rosco Agassi wrote:
-sophie is the coolest motherfucker alive

Sophie is the coolest motherfucker alive Cool She was cool and in control the entire time
Rook
Rook

AD and Ivy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosco Agassi Mon Nov 28, 2022 8:20 pm

ah, fuck it, here's my small novel of memories;

friday:
-zelda's dead and covered in someone's black goop
-ow, the black goop hurts
-medic 5: dont touch the black goop
-book? book! oh i dont understand this book, but it sure isn't zelda's!
-looks...parasitic. we essence purifies it. the parasites stop moving.
-yay she's alive again!
-bye zelda! have fun in the woods!
-good ol skelly fight (but this time with a funny twist! they're in the shadows!) getting absolutely murked by dog's player while he's casting, then promptly also by z's player. it be your own best friends who stab you in the back (sometimes literally!)
-the realization that im the big guns of medics right now as rudi and keket are out of town. i only processed it when one of the medic 3s in the medic corps asks "where do you want me?" when the fight begins.

saturday
-learned oog that rudi wont be back all weekend. fuck it, surgery time with the tea merchant.
-it goes...well. which is to say franklin has less of the ichor in him. i, on the other hand, have Much More
-LEONARDO my beloved moth friend, i would kill and die for you
-hearing the ed say oog "oh! you have five marks! good, just past the threshold," followed by, "your heart starts to feel funny...greasy..."
-decide not to mention that to anyone ever, lest they worry about the medic who is supposed to be worrying about everyone else.
-dog finds out. dog worries. roland tries to essence purifies me and we find out the hard way that it doesn't work when you're living! it sure does stop the parasites.......and also your heart (ish).
-hearing, as im rping said heart attack, "someone get a medic!". it's me. im the medic. fuck.
-vindle makes his first appearance and we promptly try to beat the shit out of him. he responds by activating "kill switches" through degren and auron's ichor. given that i am the second most slimed up person in town...i am in danger
-dimitri fights an echo sentry and loses - but it's a close fight! im halfway through the sentence "someone should tell ceridwynn" when, in a moment of pure cinema, the crowds part to show them watching me.
-we follow the magic cyclops around, offering mana. he's the first to indicate where the hummeroc is. i run for my life (literally).
-lunchtime rolls around and im in line when i see a new face with a glowing red cloak. the town one by one asks for information on her and we find out her name is sophie. i, as a player, am estatic to finally meet sophie as she is quite literally the medic who started it all. rosco, as a character, cares very little about this person so far.
-i cant remember when this is, but at some point im meditating and i see a sword appear in the field. knox and i approach it. i tell her not to touch it and then promptly touch it myself (with tweezers! that doesn't matter).
-i hear a strange voice asking about life versus liberty. i realize it's vindle, and we talk for a bit about what each of those mean. he tells me that liberty comes at a cost, but it gets rid of my kill switches. count me in (there's a lot more thinking than that, but you catch my vibe).
-"describe scene, rosco disappears into a pile of black goop and gets sucked into the sword" fuck.
-i play a fun numbers game. apparently there were other options, but of the five times i got to play, four of them were halfing my hp. i now have one hit point, but my black marks are gone. yay!
-malva, knife and rook talk to him too. we find out he really wants an orange. oh...oh-kay. i ask meal plan for an orange. "oh yeah, we have one for cider and one for this purpose". oh sick, cider— wait /what/?
-i give him an orange via the sword. a small, silly little voice thanks me for my offering. i giggle despite it all.
-ceridwynn tells me they feel funny. the bean they ate earlier is making their tummy feel weird. i almost tell them to eat a prune and fuck off, but decide, given that the bean is /magic/, i should probably investigate.
-thankfully, i, as rosco, find out that sophie is a surgeon! she agrees to help.
-intense surgery rp with the AD playing their medic character seemed terrifying but it was so incredibly fun. everything goes smoothly, im getting yanna to hold things for us and treating ceridwynn like a dog getting a foregin body surgery. then there's a tap on the window next to us. there's a skull. on fire. how am i supposed to do major surgery in these conditions?
-we some how figure out how to close ceridwynn up in time. i pat them on the back and send them into the fight before starting to get the medic station set up.
-the before supper fight is a haze of injured bodies and my own screaming from a halfling phobic of fire. i think we do well? no one is dead yet, at least—
-never mind, emellia is dead. we warm her player up as we patiently wait for her to return to the land of the living.
-it's only supper time and it feels like midnight. there's still the boss fight to go, we know. may the one pot pasta get me through the eve.
-im helping sophie with surgery on theo for most of the first wave of the boss fight, but by the time cubert shows up im ready to go.
-someone points out vindle is in there. knowing the slimes cant hurt me now because of liberty, i tell gull im going to go talk to him. gull encourages my bad decisions.
-slime cant hurt me but skeletons can! i get my shit rocked by dog's player again, and, after post game finding out he is kba: liberty, i realize now just how lucky i am that he's got a soft heart oog
-i get sucked into cubert and have a conversation with vindle. he helps me make a plan.
-"when cubert goes, don't hurt vindle unless he hurts us" auron, degren and the rest of town agree. what the fuck, they're actually listening to me?????? a baffling moment in time. pacifism doesn't usually get this response in holdfast.
-vindle gets popped out of cubert as he goes down. knife and i help our friend into the inn and sophie and i get the ichor out of him the same way we did theo. it works.
-dog wakes up from his "nap" to be met with a bouncing rosco, estatic that he's finally managed to save one of the poor souls coming through holdfast tortured and broken.
-the rest of the night is quiet. conversations with yanna while cleaning the med station. talking to my new friend vindle and offering him a place to sleep, food to eat and most importantly - coffee.

sunday
-franklin fights a sentry with no buffs and little armour, even after i tell him not to. he dies. i call him an idiot and tell him to rot. harsh? maybe, but rosco is an angry boy.
-i go to orianna's tree to think about the night before. whisper a little "sorry" for not being able to save her, too.
-lovely conversations with dimitri and the newest faun in town. if there's one thing about dimitri it is that he's very good at making rosco less angry by making him laugh.
-fun games! dimitri gets turned into a rat (but still has rocson). i chase him around to fufill my lifelong dream of getting to pet a giant rat. i succeed.
Rosco Agassi
Rosco Agassi

Ivy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marr Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:13 pm

Another Busy Game For Marr.
Friday-
Made a Deal with Short Stubbs, they had a to go by short stubs for 30 days and wear a tag saying short stubs
Zelda dead comes in with covered in black Goop "Yeah I'm not touching any of this at all" spend the next night
Good old Skele warms up but still kinda refused to even come close to going down near them because of Goop.

Saturday-
-I heard the woods were bare so I avoided gathering and decided to nap for just a little longer.
-Get up eventually to chat with people and make a few people.
-Moth was buzzing around, and I debated on catching it for alchemy or feeding it to slime or to the ichor, almost everyone was against it, end up getting a jar for Gull to catch the moth they seem to appreciate that.
-Got some investment on a deal I made it was a laugh.
-Echo Sentry showed up well I know who was going to fight this but where is Dimitri? ah he is in bed and barely makes it to the fight.
-Hard fight but the range and speed just had a worn down Dimitri killed there was brief sadness he died. Gave Short stubs a small break out of respect for Dimitri seeing how they were getting pestered the full time up until then.
-I relax and hear about cyclops, I want him as a hat but people really like them so I guess it will a pain to do.
-Breaks over goes to bug the Faun again.
-Dimitri finally comes back, Short stubs gets sabotaged from meeting them apparently on my behalf.
-Faun eventually goes to bitch me out expecting a beating and I handled it in a way they were not expecting complete taking the wind out of the sails. Interesting turn of events I debate how to proceed from there.
-Mini waves of enemies and slimes happen to see if Vitriol White Slime would beat it, Apparently not, Sad days.
-I grabbed a flaming skull and ran away with it with my 50 / 50 of being immune to it.
There is another new Faun? well shit, I told them to leave more then once.

And then Chaos of boss fight I don't remember all my parts but it was nice fight.

Marr

Ivy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Z Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:43 am

Late to the party, here we go!

Friday Night
Me and Gull are coming back into town, and finding bits and pieces of Zelda’s Kit, hastily dropped and discarded, and covered in ichor
I burst out of the treeline and frantically look around once, twice, back again before I notice her lying there, just at the edge
Shit, no this isn’t how things are supposed to work, fuck come on ok I’m getting you inside
People gather around pretty quick, trying to help, but it’s too late for her, she was dead from when I found her
We work to get the Ichor off, I head into the LoTD to try and find her, people start to work on the Ichor filled and covered journal she seemed to be carrying
I return after finding no trace in the LoTD, and we get around to casting essence resurrects, she comes back and tries her best to explain
RIP Grace’s Point round 2
Alright fuck, I need to clear my mind, Rudi is willing to take a walk with me and we head out
Cast Time 😎
Ichor Skeletons! These guys are absolute bastards, and a lot of fun with the shadow blends + backstabs.
Ichor slimes! Get goopy with it
Once that’s all died down, it’s starting to get late but time for cyclops round 1
Hang out at the Air Circle for a bit until I’m finally noticed (Thanks for the help Mitchell)
Take my journey across site, followed by a couple committed few, shoutout to them

Saturday Morn
Popcorn! Rat time 🙂
Seed some more BLACK SWORDS in the woods as a slime after, pleasant morning
Soon enough there’s an Echo Sentry in the woods uh oh!
Dimitri goes in, Dimitri does not come out, goddamn.
Not long after the Sentry, this guy named Vindle rocks up? Says he owns the swords?
Degren does not let him talk very long (Read “You killed my girlfriend you bitch!”)
Vindle leaves, protected by an Ichor Monster into the woods
Lunch mmm
After lunch my favourite little cyclops guy gets another round out, but there is another beastie in the woods…
The Hummeroc! What a magnificent bird, and it only tried to kill me twice!
Still only a couple people follow me amidst the confusion, but it is a good deal easier in the daylight
Another successful adventure for the fellow
As the afternoon goes on, the flaming skulls make an appearance
They explode. 10/10.
Brief reprieve, then there are waves of Ichor Skeletons, Ichor Monsters, Ichor Slimes, and Flame Skulls, goddamn
Break for Supper, mmm

Saturday Night
Post supper there are more waves of monsters, all leading up to…
C U B E R T
The BIGGEST slime we’ve ever seen (all 512 cubic feet of glory)
Man I wish it wasn’t so windy, he was still magnificent though, love Cubert
Cubert got parked on the concrete slab cornering the inn, he spewed more monsters out of him, and they threw people into him, a fair trade
Vindle pokes his head out occasionally and cast’s spells or uses peoples Black Marks
Eventually, Cubert is slain, alas no great thing last’s forever
Gg town, y’all did a good job and had some great strats for the fight
Once everything calms down a bit, it’s Cyclops time
Start my usual route, lots of people coming out to see this time, hmm
Degren Trips in the woods
Turns him into a rat lol
Make it down to the water circle, do my little thing, then notice something
Theo, VERY well camouflage not 4 feet away
Good job Theo! Here take this
Go home for the night afterwards

Sunday
Up and at 'em again!
Echo Sentry Round 2
Franklin, are you sure you want to go in?
Franklin also did not come out
All you can do, he tried his best but should’ve prepared more
Soon after, the mana merchants Monte and Monaco come in!
Alongside them soon travels Argive! The Warrior Poet
I should’ve memorized some actual poetry for him, had to ad lib when Dimitri called him on it
He got some great tales, The Battle of the Silk Road, The Gauntlet, Godo, Orianna’s Beast’s, and some more!
Provided some good training too, having a high weaponmaster makes you very powerful
Fight some Phase Spiders, fuck those things
Overall gg!

I hope y’all enjoyed THE IRON HARVEST I had a blast! See y’all next time!
Z
Z

Ivy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down