Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Training in the Fields

3 posters

Go down

Training in the Fields Empty Training in the Fields

Post by Timmean Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:22 pm

In the days of Autumn, Timmean can be seen working in the fields, harvesting most of the crops and tending to any that haven't finished growing yet. He continues doing regular work on the small grove of Mist Fruit trees, though by now their leaves have begun to turn (a rather striking sight, even compared to the usual frock of Autumn colour).

Admin

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Training in the Fields Empty Re: Training in the Fields

Post by Joy Rosewood Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:02 pm

*Joy shows up. She's wearing a tunic that's even more dirty and ragged then her usual attire.*

*She goes over to examine the Mist Fruit trees. She takes a fallen leaf and looks at it very closely, even sniffing it and chewing on it*

*She notices Timmean and walks over*

"Hello Timmean, do you vant any help?"
Joy Rosewood
Joy Rosewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:37 pm

Timmean glances up, smiling at the question.

"Certainly; there's always lots to do out here, as long as the field isn't buried in snow."

He straightens up, stretching from the work he had been doing, and glances at the strange leaf in Joy's hand.

"And if you'd like, I can certainly start teaching you how to properly tend to these plants." He chuckles and shrugs, "Though at this level, helping and studying are really the same thing."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:53 pm

"Yah, I am ready to help you. Iz funny, I've spent whole life picking plants out of forest, but I know nozing about picking plants out of a field. Altho.."

*Joy starts pacing around Timmean*

"Ze forest does all ze vork. You do all ze vork of ze forest und you do eet by yourself, vith no animals.."

*Joy looks around in a 360 arc*

"As far as I can see. Zis must be largely vat you're up to year round.. As an earth mage, do you do any magic to help you farm? I bet Bikbun could smith an enchanted hoe zat vould make zings easier.."

*Joy sighs*

"But he seems busy vith ozer zings. Anyvays, I am far more interested in your Mist fruit zen your root vegetables. But I suppose eet doesn't hurt to start simply. So how does vone take care of a potato?"

Joy Rosewood
Joy Rosewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Timmean gives a quiet chuckle. "Well, nature still does most of the work, I just help guide it along. I don't have any magic that really helps; most spells are either too temporary, or too small-scale to be truly helpful. And then there's the water repel spell, which I guess would water the plants, but it would probably tear everything out of the soil in the process."

Timmean takes his tools and returns to harvesting, now talking as he goes. "For most of the plants we have here, the process is simple enough; plant them in the Spring, harvest in the Fall. In between, make sure they have plenty of soil and water, and keep away the weeds and anything trying to eat them. For now, you can help with the harvest. See what patterns you can notice, and feel free to ask questions."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:34 pm

*Joy watches Timmean for about 5 minutes, before she gets a shovel and joins him in harvesting*

*About 5 minutes after that, Joy starts quietly singing to herself*

"I am a Halfling and I'm digging holes, diggy diggy hole, diggy diggy hole."

"I am a Halfling and I'm digging holes, diggy diggy hole, digging holes."

*This goes on for another 10 minutes*

"Uh, Timmean, vat iz vrong vith zome of zese potatoes? Zey have veird growths coming out of zem..."
Joy Rosewood
Joy Rosewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:53 pm

Keket would smile as she would come from the woods abit and laughed abit hearing joy sinning this song-

"well i see you two are having fun grading the plants may i join in ?it seem quite relaxing after all the medic i have to do it be nice to relax other then study's"

shed would say as she got closer to the two binning careful of were she was stepping-
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Timmean glances up, looking confused. "Growths...? What do you... OH!" Timmean grins and chuckles, taking a few steps in Joy's direction. "Those are what we call 'eyes.' They're basically roots; potatoes are kind of like seeds. We usually clean those off before we eat them, but we're trying to grow new potatoes, having the eyes is a good start."

He glances in Keket's direction as she approaches. "Oh, hello! Well, farming isn't always the most fun... but it's certainly useful. We always need more food."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:06 pm

*Joy looks at Keket with mild confusion*

"Greetings Keket, uh, farming isn't really relaxing... I just sing about everyzing. My hands are so sore und I've only been doing zis for vat,"

*Joy looks at the sun in the sky with a hand in front of her eyes*

"...a hands vidth of sun? I suspect zis iz vhy Timmean iz a strong und fearsome archmage."

*Joy sighs and wipes her brow*

"Zis iz labourious und dirty verk. I don't see vhy you, as a noble elf, vould vant to do zis.. but help vould be nice."
Joy Rosewood
Joy Rosewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Keket Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:45 pm

well i know some plants are good for medic work but that to is also dirty work and well who knows what i can learn .
wait you timmean? you also belive its to dirty for me to do? i can alwasy sit by and watch
Keket
Keket

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Timmean gives a slight shrug. "The work is dirty, and difficult, yes... but it's also good, simple, and honest. I can understand why many would shy away from it, but I also see no reason to stop you if you'd like to learn. Just take care not to overdo it."

He takes a step forward, pulling up a string of carrots and shaking the dirt off them. "To be honest Joy, I don't think farming is very good for magic training. Though... I find it does help, a little. The spells I know are mostly earth and water, and deal with healing and strength - the same things normally granted by the land. The magic just... focuses that power, I suppose. I don't fully understand how, but I must admit, I do feel like my magic has some roots in this farm work... if you'll pardon the pun."

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Joy Rosewood Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:02 pm

*Joy is still pulling and digging potatoes out of the ground. She is a ball of sweat and mud at this point*

"Somezing just occurred to me. If you started out as a farmer, how did you become a mage? Did anozer mage valk up to you at some point und go "Yah, zis dirty farmer iz goot archmage material" und made you avare? Does eet not require study?"

*Joy pauses to pull out a particularily stubborn potato*

"Und speaking of study, I've met a few farmers, und zey didn't read. Vere you, at one point, an illiterate potato digger who voke up one day und decided to study magic? You are a most remarkable human..."
Joy Rosewood
Joy Rosewood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down