Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did the Sun hide?

+7
Kez Shiras
Zero.
AD
Rook
Rudi
Drixar
Gull
11 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

What did the Sun hide? - Page 5 Empty Re: What did the Sun hide?

Post by Rook Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:38 pm

Rook frowns, taking out his notebook and jotting something down. Suddenly whispered questions start flying, some to the others, some clearly to himself.

"What exactly is grabbing them? Some sort of ghost perhaps? Could be what we saw earlier..."

He squints towards where the circle *should* be, and gently shakes his head "I'd probably be able to see it if it was that..." He quickly glances toward the fire champion, "By the way, hi Kez." He looks back to his notes, "Or... it's more likely the psychic entity... Does that even have a name yet? Lord Psychic perhaps, seems sacrilegious... I wonder have they been harmed at all?"

He peers around Rudi and Zero and glances at their wrists, takes some notes and looks toward Ryn and Drix.

"Can you sense any changes in their psychic states? And has anyone heard of someone having a reaction to the psychic circle like this before?"

Last edited by Rook on Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:50 pm

Rudi takes a bit to focus on outside conversations through trying to keep the channel open.

"It's psychic tendrils, it's hungry, and wanted to relax? I offered it a meditate and it took it. Otherwise I'm fine. It's matching the force we pull back with." She grimaced while speaking. Splitting focus like this is... difficult.

She takes a few deep breaths and closes her eyes again, shifting her focus back towards Zero and the circle.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:33 pm

Throughout all this, Kez is listening intently and watching the woods carefully, warning people if anything happens.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Mon Apr 15, 2024 4:07 pm

“Hungry… I think I have an idea! I’ll be right back!” Drixar runs off into the night towards the Inn. When he returns, he holding a small handful of wild mushrooms he’s collected. “Can we try these?”
Drixar
Drixar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:15 pm

Zero seems… oddly serene, given the circumstances. She hears Rook’s voice through her concentrated state, and lets out a small laugh at Drix’s suggestion.

“I don’t think that’s quite what it means, but hey, we can offer it.”

Zero lowers herself to the ground, cross-legged, maintaining contact with the circle and Rudi, and returns her full focus to the circle. For a few moments, she sits in quiet contemplation, trying to decide on an appropriate offering.

“I’m afraid I may not have much to offer to satiate your hunger, unless you like mushrooms. But perhaps I could bring you a few moments of peace.” She thinks, hoping her thoughts are shared through the connection. “Show you what being in Holdfast means, and welcome you to your new home.”

Zero lets herself delve into her memories, plucking a few to share. Through her mind’s eye, she relives moments that have brought her comfort.

First, she sees a dark patio sprawling before her. People passing, they don’t see her. But then, she sees Sylvie, extending a hand through the dark. “Come in, friend, you must be freezing! Have you just arrived?”

The memory moves on. Francis stands before a figurehead of NOS. Friends stand before them, speaking on his behalf of his good deeds on the isle. The smiles crossing every face in the old inn when the trial ended and he was recognized for the man he was.

The scene fades, and brightens into a lush green forest. It’s a beautiful warm day. Asher and Auron are dressed in nice clothes. They exchange rings while the birds sing.

And again, it moves on. A quiet moment in New Holdfast. Zero sees the sun dipping below the forest, as another day ends. Things are quiet. Peaceful.

And again it shifts. She sits on a deck, but this one is different. Larger. She’s alone. She looks across the field to the forest, as she shivers. It had been a rough day. She watches as snow falls across the landscape. Rosco offers an ear, but she declines. He says he’ll come back and check on her, and wraps her up in his scarf. She feels warmer, now.

“These memories are mine, and I don’t wish for you to take them from me.” Again, she addresses the circle in her thoughts. “But I hope they can bring you a moment of peace. I’ve been taken care of here, and if you’re able to settle here, with us, you will be too.”
Zero.
Zero.

Gull likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:09 pm

Rudi jolts as the circle speaks to her, before deciding to relax. She speaks to the circle, in her head. "How about a trade? I'll give you states, if you'll let us go? We have mushrooms, if you'd prefer food."
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryn Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:59 pm

Ryn turns to Rook.

“Rudi might be a little less glowy i think? but it’s hard to tell from here. The circle might just be beckoning them to give it their states. Z mentioned that might end up happening. Mages contribute mana to their circles, but this circle apparently needs to ask for contributions a little more…. manually. It must take a lot of energy to exist like this.”

Ryn, addressing Rudi and Zero, asks: “how many states have you given it? how much is it asking for?”

“i might need to put the circle on a feeding routine if that’s the case…” she mutters to herself

Ryn looks to rudi. ”just say the word and i can offer up my states to you, to transfer. Z has put the responsibility of the circle on me in his absence, and I don’t mind parting with some states. i’ve been meaning to meditate today anyway. I’d prefer it if you guys walked away from this unscathed and the circle is left well fed.”

Ryn ponders the idea of approaching the circle herself, but manages to stave off her impulse. She opts to trust in her friends and wait it out. The least amount of people grappled by the circle, the better.

Ryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:40 pm

Zero doesn’t respond right away. In fact, for several minutes, she sits in silence.

In the background of her memories, she can hear the current group chattering, but they’re quiet and their words all mumble together.

When she’s finished her offering, she splits her attention again between the group and the circle.

“Mind repeating that? Didn’t catch it.”

When she’s caught back up to the conversation, she pauses again for a moment.

“Well uh. Ryn, I haven’t given it any states but.. I think it took something? …Maybe it misunderstood.. ” ((Anyone with Psychic may notice Zero is a little less “glowy”.)

She continues, “It has at least two.. voices? One is ‘hungry’ and the other said ‘relax’ when Rudi asked what it… (they?).. wanted.” Again, she pauses. “… I think making offerings is a good idea, I think it could use some good energy. But I don’t know if it’s stable enough to.. give back anything you give it. That’s not a fact, just an idea, really. Is any of this making sense? “
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:44 pm

Drix sits and ponders at zeros explanation, waiting until she’s done. “No no, I get what you’re saying. Just.. be careful. And let us know if you need anymore states. I noticed a drop in your aura”. Drix stands behind them, now a little less worried, but still clutching Zero’s sword to his chest like he will lose it if he even loosens his grip.
Drixar
Drixar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:59 pm

Rook frowns, "Has this thing's grip loosened since giving up... whatever it was that you gave up?"
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:11 pm

She nods in response to Drix. “Going to give it a few minutes. And ah. No, it grabbed me around the same time, I think? I’m fine though.”

At this, she turns her full attention back to the connection with Rudi and the circle.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum