Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did the Sun hide?

+7
Kez Shiras
Zero.
AD
Rook
Rudi
Drixar
Gull
11 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did the Sun hide? - Page 3 Empty Re: What did the Sun hide?

Post by Zero. Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:00 am

Zero’s eyes flash open at Gull’s words. After a moment though, they soften.
Before, she may have acted, or accused, or taken any other number of rash actions. But in this moment, her trust in Gull placated her. Whatever this conversation was, whatever he was trying to admit to, it could wait for another time.

Though shaken, Zero managed to find her footing. “I’ll go. Haven’t seen it yet anyway, now’s as good a time as any. If anyone needs to armor up, do it quickly.”

With another pat on Gull’s shoulder, she starts moving towards the woods (carefully, so as not to slip in the “blood”). “I don’t know where I’m going though, someone’s gonna have to lead.” She calls over her shoulder.
Zero.
Zero.

Gull and Drixar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:15 am

Kez realizes he’s only half armoured, and runs in to the inn to don his stuff. “Just wait one sec for me!!” He’s fairly quick, and comes back out still getting ready for a battle.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:25 am

“If Rudi is going she’ll know the way, otherwise I can give you some directions.” Drix speaks to the others, before turning back to Gull. “Gull, come on, let’s get you inside. I’ll see if anyone has any cider going and we will get you comfortable in the cozy corner.”
Drixar
Drixar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:57 am

Rudi takes a breath, straightens her spine, gives Gull and Drixar a nose rub each and steps off the deck towards the bloodied Zero. She'll talk to Gull later. Or he'll tell her himself, when he's ready. She can wait.

"I know the way! I'll lead you there. It's just past the earth circle." She holds a moment for anyone else, then will start leading the group into the woods when everyone's been gathered.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:24 pm

Zero follows Rudi closely as the group makes their way down the trail.
Occasionally, she’ll stop, shush everyone, and check their surroundings. Though the wolves may have been but a vision, there are real threats in the woods, as they all know well enough.
During one of her pauses, a small mouse runs across her foot and causes her to jump. She lets out a quiet “exhale through the nose” laugh and the group pushes forward; everything otherwise seems quiet enough for now.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:45 pm

It's not a long trek getting to the Psychic Circle, and those in the group who can sees it glowing purple, almost bubbling.
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Thu Apr 11, 2024 5:47 pm

“.. has it always done that?” her tone is barely more than a whisper.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:34 pm

"Shit! fuck! Done what? I can't see! I will assume not though. Because you're asking."
Kez is squinting a little, and hopping around the back of the group, even though he isn't psychic at all. He does remember, every couple of seconds, that he's supposed to be watching though.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:41 pm

“The texture… it uh… it’s not the same as the other circles. They’re more.. smooth, you know? It’s almost.. bubbling.” Zero’s attention is fixated on the strange purple glow emanating from the earth, it’s unlike anything she’d ever seen.

“It’s my first time here since the circle was laid down, I don’t know if it’s done this all along. Hmm… here!”

She holds her blade towards Rudi, gesturing for her to hold her for a moment.

With her hands free, Zero drops to a knee, and raises her hands towards the circle (not into the circle itself, but hovering about a foot away).
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:47 pm

While kez is keeping watch, he notices a flash of blue showing between the trees, as Drixar makes his way carefully down the path. “I had to come check too, Gull is settled safely in the inn with the medics I just had this awful gut- oooh. Hm.” He pauses as he notices the circle and zero hovering over it. “Uhhh hm. That uh, hm. I don’t like that.”
Drixar
Drixar

Kez Shiras likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:53 pm

Careful to maintain her positioning, Zero turns her head slightly to reply to Drix. “So it hasn’t been doing this all along?” Then turns her focus back to the weird bubbling patch of earth.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Thu Apr 11, 2024 7:55 pm

“I don’t think so?” His response sounds more confused and hopeful than confirming. “I was frozen for most of the ritual and when I wasn’t I was having to watch the trees intensely because of the hallucinations. I never saw it fully formed.”
Drixar
Drixar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:12 pm

Rudi, still holding Zero's sword, watches the bubbling energy. Concern is plain on her face.

"I got a pretty good look from being part of the ritual. I remember psychic energy, it glowed really bright, but I don't think I remember it... bubbling like that."
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:11 pm

*Rudi, you know the circle hasn't really picked a way yet. Any time you've gone to look at it, it's always felt fine but looked different*
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:01 am

She continues thinking, mostly out loud. "Though.. this could be normal for it.The other circles, they've been here for way longer and they know how to exist. This one is still deciding, I think. It might be fine." Still holding Zero's sword, she kneels next to the circle.

"I don't think this is a bad move, but just.. mind yourselves." She reaches out to the circle, and will touch it when everyone has either moved away or stayed put.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:58 am

Anyone who can, sees Rudi gently touch the circle and a small purple tendril coils up Rudis arm. *Rudi, you feel a slight tug as the purple wraps up your arm*
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:32 pm

Drixar takes a step back at the visual of this tendril. He slowly gestures to everyone to be attentive and described to Kez what he sees knowing he can’t. He speaks quietly. “Those of us strong enough, please be ready to grab her. I don’t like the gut feeling im getting from this.”
Drixar
Drixar

Kez Shiras likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:13 pm

At the new development, Zero snatches her blade from Rudi’s grip and stumbles back, remaining close enough to grab her should things take a turn.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryn Fri Apr 12, 2024 4:48 pm

With sleep fresh in her eyes, Ryn carefully steps over the pooling of ethereal blood upon the deck. She hurriedly makes her way towards the psychic circle. “is everyone okay?” she shouts out while on the move.

Ryn

Zero. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:07 pm

When Ryn approaches, Zero flicks her head in Drix’s direction, wordlessly tasking him with sharing the update.

Zero leans in to Rudi. “You good?” the words leave her lips as barely more than a whisper.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:38 pm

Attention drawn back to everyone else within the group by Zero’s silent signal, Drix scopes out Ryn amongst the group and ushers her through to be at his side. From his bag he produces a spare pen and a small notebook, scribbling something down quickly before handing it to her.
The circle was bubbling when we arrived, but Rudi said that’s  probably normal until it settles. She barely grazed it when it formed the tendril and grabbed her.
Drixar
Drixar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Fri Apr 12, 2024 6:48 pm

Rudi jolts slightly when the circle grabs her, testing the tug she feels. "I mean, I feel fine. It's just a little tug." Her voice is similarily quiet in the odd hush that's fallen over the space.

She puts some force into pulling away from the circle, testing, seeing if there's a reaction.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:36 pm

As Rudi pulls, anyone who can, sees the tendril maintain its grip on her. *Rudi, you feel slightly more force pulling back, matching the strength you're applying*
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:55 pm

Still whispering.. “can you pacify it? Or… I don’t know. It’s made up of psychic energy, maybe you should try something?”
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:16 pm

Rook looks out from the door to the inn with worry. Things have settled down inside and those who haven't gone to check on the psychic circle are beginning to wind down for the night. There really wasnt much else to be done in here, but the people checking on the circle haven't returned yet. A slight knot of worry settles into his core. He shakes his head slightly, checking on them wouldn't hurt. Besides he wasn't going to be any more helpful here.

Grabbing his staff, and touching the flute in its holster to ensure it was still there, he lets Gull know where he's headed and walks out into the night air towards where he was told the Psychic Circle was.
Rook
Rook

Zero. likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum