Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did the Sun hide?

+7
Kez Shiras
Zero.
AD
Rook
Rudi
Drixar
Gull
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did the Sun hide? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did the Sun hide?

Post by Drixar Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:38 pm

Instinctively Drixar repositions to cover and gaps amongst himself and his friends, speaking in a hushed tone. “Somethings wrong here. What.. is this”
Drixar
Drixar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:39 pm

Rudi watches the battle. She's..  seen this one before? She wasn't close to it, but she remembers it.

"It's ethereal. I don't think they're real. Or at least, not anymore? We fought werewolves before. I think this is that battle. Psychic echoes."
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:43 pm

Kez creeps up to the stairway, still cautious while watching the spectacle.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:45 pm

Zero’s breath catches in her throat as the figures appear. This looks all too familiar. Was it the fight they’d had not long ago? She remembers, she was just on the other side of the deck, near the doors, when things had broken out back then.
She readies herself in spite of the confusion. If this WASN’T just a memory, she didn’t want to be caught off guard. She repositions closer to the doors.
Zero.
Zero.

Kez Shiras and Drixar like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:49 pm

You all watch the feral nature of this last dance, the attempted carnage starts to speak to those in attendance of this last dance. As feelings of desperation, pain, grief, pride and desire eminate from these four beings. Their final fight, their last moments on the material plane play before you all and moment by moment, you watch as they stop existing, one by one.
AD
AD
Admin

Zero., Kez Shiras, Rudi, Gull, Dog, Rook, Drixar and Ryn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:58 pm

The silence after the last one disappears is overwhelming, finally Rook breaks the silence, "Well that doesn't bode well..."
Rook
Rook

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:58 pm

The feelings sort of overtake Kez a little, and he suddenly sort of blurts out “I wish we didn’t have to kill them. They were people who made mistakes, and were probably forced to make mistakes.” He looks incredibly surprised, and a little sheepish to have actually said that after preparing for combat.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gull Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:59 pm

Unable to find Talia in his panic, Gull realizes the howling has stopped. He bolts back out onto the deck after the spectral fight fades, expecting to see carnage. Instead, he pulls up short when he finds his friends whole and healthy. Gull's knees go weak and he leans against the wall, breathing heavily.

Gull

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:02 pm

Drix moves slowly, eyes still trained on the woods, just to be safe. “That felt.. weird. Almost like some sort of lecture. If it was a full retelling we would’ve seen illusions of town right? So why just them?” Seeing Gull run out he moves to help keep him upright, providing as much comfort as he can.
Drixar
Drixar

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:03 pm

“It did feel kinda like a lecture, because fighting was necessary then. But it was poetic in a way, too. I don’t know how to describe it. Shit.”
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:04 pm

A brief moment of shock resonates after the creatures disappear. Zero looks to the others, in silent realization that they’d all seen it, all felt it. When Gull returns, she pats his shoulder gently, before slumping against the wall beside him.
Zero.
Zero.

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:05 pm

"I have to wonder if this will be happening all the time, now."

She turns to see Gull brace himself against a wall and slowly, as if approaching a deer, gently lays her hands on his head and gives him a little kiss on the forehead.

She's feeling the aftershocks.. but taking care of everyone else is more important. She'll process those later.

Last edited by Rudi on Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rudi
Rudi

Rook and Ryn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:06 pm

Those who were present for the fight over the year ago, look around and see ethereal blood and gore covering themselves, the deck, those involved and the memory of hot blood running down weapons and hands replays, over and over.
AD
AD
Admin

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gull Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:08 pm

Gull clutches at Drixar's sleeve, closing his eyes gratefully at the touch from Zero and Rudi. "What... What was that?" When he opens his eyes to see the carnage, he claps a hand over his mouth as a scream escapes his lips.

Gull

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:09 pm

Panicked, Drixar holds to Gull a little tighter. “What?? What is it??  It was just an illusion everyone’s unharmed! Pinky swear”
Drixar
Drixar

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:11 pm

“I’m disgusted at the triumph I’m feeling right now. That was such a hard time, but… here we are. Fuck. I need a shower. Or maybe an ethereal shower. A Psychic Douse. Not a Dowse. Haha. Wait, fuck, no, not funny.”
Kez solemnly looks at his hands, gore covered and soaked with combat.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:13 pm

Rudi opens her eyes when Gull screams, thinking something was wrong. She looks around and sees her friends, her family, herself coated in blood.

Rudi panics, immediately checking Gull over for injuries. No, no wounds. "Are any of you hurt?" She asks, voice trembling just a smidge as the emotions of the scene come bubbling up.
Rudi
Rudi

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:16 pm

Zero’s eyes widen as she notices the state of the deck. She squeezes her eyes shut, hard, and shakes her head, almost as if that’d take it away.

It doesn’t.

She looks to her hands, warm and slick with blood. Hers? Theirs? She’s not sure.

Her breathing quickens as she looks, again, to the others. But no solace is found there, either. The rest all look worn from battle…. Aside from Drix? Why was he so… clean?

She closes her eyes again, lifts her knees and rests her head atop them.
Zero.
Zero.

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:22 pm

Rook closes his eyes for a moment trying to shut out the gory vision to little avail, the scene is burned into his minds eye.

He opens his eyes again and examines the reactions of each of his friends. With a sigh he says "We should probably send a group down to check on the Psychic Circle..."
Rook
Rook

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:25 pm

“… right, the circle. They did that after, hey?” she lifts her head slightly to address Rook. “Glad to see it’s going so well.”
Zero.
Zero.

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gull Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:26 pm

"I didn't want to be there." Gull's voice trembles. His eyes are distant, almost as though he doesn't realize he's speaking. "I was going to get on a boat. But Holdfast was... They had me lie for them and it hurt so much. After bringing danger here. And Z was just supposed to..." Gull shakes his head slowly. "But they needed to die. They didn't deserve to die but they needed to. We gave them the mercy of the sharp edge." He sounds as though he's reading from a script.

Gull

Kuromori, Taka, Z, Drixar and Ryn like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:28 pm

“I think I’ll stay here.” Drixar pipes up, his staff had long clattered to the floor as his focus is on Gull. “You all seem… more disturbed than I am and it seems like a later question to ask why.”
Drixar
Drixar

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Gull Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:44 pm

Gull leans his head against Drixar's shoulder, glassy-eyed and subdued, lips moving silently.

Gull

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Kez Shiras Wed Apr 10, 2024 10:47 pm

"I.... agree with Rook. I'm not psychic, but I'm willing to head protecting whoever goes to look at the circle." Kez is solemn now, feeling the gravity of the last couple of minutes. He lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding.
Kez Shiras
Kez Shiras

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:51 am

Rudi buries her face in Gull's shoulder, giving the distressed bard an embrace before turning to Kez and Rook.

"I'll go down to look. After all, I was the one here who felt the psychic energy was off."
Rudi
Rudi

Ryn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum