Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What did the Sun hide?

+7
Kez Shiras
Zero.
AD
Rook
Rudi
Drixar
Gull
11 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

What did the Sun hide? - Page 4 Empty Re: What did the Sun hide?

Post by Rudi Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:21 pm

"I can try and project emotions on it. I hope this isn't a mistake." Rudi takes a breath and focuses her energy into pacifying it, trying to hit it with Project Emotion: Calm.

Last edited by Rudi on Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:16 pm

Drix will take another step backward, concern growing in his eyes. “Please be careful. I don’t want you to get hurt.”
Drixar
Drixar

Back to top Go down

Post by Emellia Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:23 pm

Having spent most of the day napping, Emellia has been spending most of the evening in her bunk writing in her journal, only to abruptly find blood smearing across the pages. In a panic, she looks at her hands to find them covered in blood, fingerprints seeming to forever re-stain her clothes.

She rushes into the dining hall frightened and concerned only to find more blood pooled on the floor. “What’s going on??” She yells while rushing towards the medic table to see how she can help. Upon seeing Gull, she offers some snowberry candies from her pouch and a blanket.

Emellia

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryn Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:07 am

ryns eyes widen upon hearing this news from drix. she takes a moment, and exhales.

“okay.  i’ve always ascribed sentience to this circle. i’ve always ascribed a temperament to it. a youth. the circle is a thing that  hasn’t found its footing yet. a psychic block would seemingly probably maybe help,.. but also seemingly probably NOT because i can also imagine that being taken the wrong way. the circle has been gentle, meeting you with only the force you exert. i worry if you meet it with force, like a psychic block, that is exactly how it’ll meet you. i wonder if you could ritualistically transfer-state, in such a way that you give AND you take, becoming sort of symbiotic with it as it festers with this energy-BUT i also think that this circle may not have learned give and take yet. i don’t feel that it would be capable at the moment. i think it would take and take and take swallow you away. I like the approach of trying to calm it. in my mind, it’s just a way of communication with it. i hope this works. ”

Ryn stands behind rudi, off to the side. watching curiously. In her mind, Ryn holds firm; her psychic energy is hers. If there was an open/close channel, she is keeping her energy enclosed within herself.

Ryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:51 pm

Rudi is calm as she focuses on the project emotion, until she realizes it isn't working. "That... didn't work, any other bright ideas?" She mostly keeps the panic out of her voice, but she isn't doing that well at it.

"I could try and trade with it..? I can give up the whole arm, if someone will regrow it... or carry me while I take a nap."

Last edited by Rudi on Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:18 pm

“By faerie, cutting off your arm seems like an extreme but.. unless we can think of something less violent it might be the move.” Drix starts to chew his nails in concern and worry, his gaze darting between rudi, the circle, the others and the woods itself.
Drixar
Drixar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:37 pm

“Hm.. yeah, I wanna give something a go.” Zero pauses for a moment, before offering her sword to Drix. “Stand a few paces back and keep her safe, just for a few moments” nodding her head towards the blade. “Worst case, take the arm with my blade.”

She offers her left hand delicately into the bubbling vat of psionic energy, closing her eyes. (Attempting Knowledge Conduit: Hallucinations)
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:35 pm

Any who can see, sees another purple tendril crawl up and take hold of Zeros arm. *Zero, you feel a solid hold onto your arm, keeping you stationery.*
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:47 pm

Illuminated only by the glow of the circle (to those who can see it, anyway),Zero’s face drops.

“Well… um.. perhaps not the best idea right now. I thought Z had hoped it’d be able to teach, so I figured it’d be worth seeing what it knows, but… well.If Ryn’s right, we should either let it settle or figure out what it wants.”
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:32 pm

Rudi nods in agreement. "I'm good to talk to it if you are. I think, touching it, we might be able to... open a mental path?" Psychic stuff was hard to explain. If this failed... she'd lose an arm. Worse things have happened.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:37 pm

After a few moments of contemplation, Zero lets out a quiet laugh. “Well… we’ve already come this far, hey?” She extends her free hand to Rudi.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:45 pm

Drix watches the two plan their next move and clutches Zeros sword to his chest. He quietly produces a trinket made before today, a small cord dedicated to faerie and mutters to himself as he presses the medallion to his face.
Drixar
Drixar

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryn Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:11 pm

“hmmm… i mean, if it wanted to, i think it could have dragged you here from the inn. i mean, it is reaching out, quite literally. i  assign youth to it sure, but ultimately it is attached to the psychic plane, the deity(?) inside, and it’s seemingly not overtaking you. it’s been producing weird imagery and hallucinations….  do any of you wanna try to learn hallucinate today… with some degree of risk? it’s track record with teek makes me worry but it’s not draining you like i bet it could. maybe Z got what he intended afterwards. he did negotiate with the psychic being. maybe one of you could give it a try? letting this circle in your mind might be risky as hell but it might be worth something? it might be refusing to let go because it needs you to understand it.”

Ryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:16 pm

Rudi listens to Ryn speak. "I agree. I don't think it.. wants to hurt us? Because it would have."

With that, Rudi clasps Zero's free hand with her own, closes her eyes, and focuses on opening a line of communication with the circle.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:30 pm

Zero closes her eyes again, allowing her mind to quiet the external stimuli, and focuses on the energy radiating from the circle. It’s (quite literally) reached out, as Ryn had said, so Zero tries to “listen”.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pavel Vesely Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:34 am

Having spent much of the Winter cooped up in the inn, Pav reluctantly crawls out of bed, any notion of sleeping perished by the hairs on the backs of his neck and hands standing on end and the commotion about town. Wiping the sleep from his eyes, the Halfling sits up within his tent before closing his eyes and taking a few deep, focused breaths. Curiosity had taken the helm, and so he cleared his mind of all else, concentrating on what had come to pass.
(-1 Psychic State: Vision.)

Last edited by Pavel Vesely on Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Pavel Vesely
Pavel Vesely

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:48 pm

*Zero and Rudi, you both feel the physical tension of the tendrils match your own personal force used to pull away. You hear nothing of note, light nature sounds from around you and the controlled breathing of everybody watching. Everything is oddly relaxing.
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero. Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:57 pm

As she grows accustomed to the weight of the tendrils wrapping her arm, the rest of Zero’s form relaxes. She squeezes Rudi’s hand gently, ushering her to attempt to open a dialogue.
Zero.
Zero.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:59 pm

Rudi continues her deep breaths, relaxing her body, focusing on opening up a channel as if she's transferring states back and forth. She remembers how the ritual felt, and is trying to do something similar.

She tries to speak through the connection, in her mind. "What do you want here, from us? We don't want to hurt you, obviously, but we do want to leave eventually."
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:12 pm

*you two hear in your minds, "...r...e...l...a...x..." and in a different voice, "Hungry!"*
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rudi Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:23 pm

Hearing the voices, Rudi tightens her grip on Zero's hand just a bit, refocuses her energy, and offers a meditate to the circle.
Rudi
Rudi

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:04 am

*Rudi, you hear a sigh as well as cartoonish eating sounds before feeling a tug from the tendril*
Anyone watching sees moments of concentration from the two before seeing a slight jolt from Rudi
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Drixar Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:41 am

Drix jolts to reach to the two before stopping himself, letting them decide when enough is enough rather than trying to decide for them.
Drixar
Drixar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rook Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:17 am

Arriving at the circle Rook looks quizzically at Zero and Rudi holding each other, both with an arm extended towards the ground. He leans over to Ryn and Drix and whispers "What are they doing?"
Rook
Rook

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryn Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:24 am

ryn turns to rook. “the circle has grabbed them, i’ve been unsure as to what it’s trying. i thought it was entirely possible its trying teaching them hallucinate but now im not so sure. “

“Hey Rudi, what was that? what happened just then?”

Ryn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum