Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearing the Land

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Timmean on Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:16 pm

Timmean chuckled, "Really? It looks like quite a mess to me... but we'll clean that up soon enough. Once the burn is done, I'll do a little work on the soil, get everything flattened out. With any luck, we'll actually have a workable little field. But I'm getting ahead of myself; we need to get a little water into these ditches. I have a little talent with water magic, but nowhere near enough for this job... I expect my contribution will be more of the 'carry bucket from pond' variety. But I know you're familiar with water magic also; what do you suggest?"
Timmean
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 404
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 32

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:00 pm

"Yes I am." He replies, with a hint of nervous ness in his voice.

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf on Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:55 am

Ira gives Tim an amused smile as Volk and Torvallis! continue with their lesson.

"Right, so to get water into these ditches we can draw water up from the ground or," Ira licks her finger and holds it up in the air feeling for a breeze, "we can draw water from the air itself since it's quite humid. In fact I think I can use my magic to cool the air into a fog and then further concentrate it into a directed stream of water that we can use to fill the ditches. Does that sound good to you?"

Ira spins a tiny cloud of air in her hands increasing speed to rapidly lower the surrounding temperature. A cloud slowly forms in the centre of the vortex. The cloud is misty but tiny water droplets are visible in the cooled air and on her palms. She shows the cloud to Tim as proof.
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : The Watering Hole Tavern

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Timmean on Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:13 pm

Timmean raises his eyebrows, visibly impressed.

"That sounds great. As long as we soak the ditches - and perhaps a bit of the land and plants on the outside - we should be alright. Of course, we want to keep the burn area good and dry. As to the specifics..."

Timmean steps back and makes a slight bow. "...I deffer to your expertise."
Timmean
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 404
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 32

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:55 pm

Volk says nothing and begins to focus on Torvallis's! Hand looking intently at the nothingness he is holding, until his eyes begin to widen with excitement. A smirk grows on his face

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf on Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:32 pm

Ira's face lights up and the tiny elf starts bouncing with excitement. "Excellent!"

She bounds over to the edge of the plot and commences spinning and weaving the air into a dense fog over the grasses and trees outside the burn zone. As she does so, the air outside the burn becomes heavy with water vapour, the plants and trees growing damp. Ira begins walking around the perimeter of the burn extending and thickening the fog incrementally. By the time she finishes, the plot is encircled by a dense cloud, the ground at its edges laced with beads of dew. Grinning broadly, Ira hops over to the nearest ditch and places her hand on the soil. She immediately becomes solemn, closes her eyes and murmurs something unintelligible. Water begins to well up in the ditch an eerie mist forming over the surface and obscuring the sides. Ira moves on to repeat the process with the remaining ditches, oblivious to the goings on between Torvallis! and Volk.

Upon finishing she looks at Timmean.

"Is this satisfactory Mr. Tim?" she says cocking her head slightly.
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : The Watering Hole Tavern

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:29 pm

He shakes his head "Sorry just distracted, yes I can see it."

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:34 pm

"Who's hair he asks quickly turning." A empty flask falls out of his pocket he attempts to grab it but it fumbles and he drops it again

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:36 pm

"Who's hair." He asks quickly turning, a empty flask falls out of his pocket he attempts to grab it but it fumbles and he drops it again

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:51 pm

"It is black, wet, and as per one of the theories you proposed made of mana, nothing more than... and it looks, to be holding something, that looks like it is, and is not, there." He looks at Ira's hair as if he had just found Waldo.

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:23 am

"But didn't one stait that all matter is mana in a weaker form, also her hair looks to be holding somthing like the mana you held but green and blue."

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:01 pm

"I must have mis heard then, please continue."

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:15 pm

He leans next to the back of the tavern and stairs at the mana he was handed.

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Timmean on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Timmean breaks into a broad grin, chuckling quite loudly.

"Ira, my friend, I hope you're always as willing to lend your talents to the farm. If you're able to produce water like this anytime, we'll have no fear of dry weather."

Smiling and glancing at the ditches and boarders once more, Timmean gives a final nod.

"That is excellent; I think we're ready to proceed. I suppose it's time for... TORVALLIS!"

(OOG: my apologies for the delayed response, haven't been online much since Potato Day.)
Timmean
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 404
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 32

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf on Tue Jan 06, 2015 2:08 pm

(OOG: Should I also wait for Volk to do something stupid?)
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : The Watering Hole Tavern

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf on Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:43 am

(OOG: Well looks like Wil isn't showing up just yet so I guess you're going to have to be responsible Chickie)

"Glad to help Tim!" says Ira. Finally noticing Torvallis! and Mr. Volk staring at her backside Ira gives the fire mage a scornful look.

"What nonsense are you telling him now Torvalli - OH MY GOODNESS YOUR HANDS ARE ON FIRE!" cries Ira.
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : The Watering Hole Tavern

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 2 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum