Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearing the Land

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf on Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:36 am

18/1/15 10:30 GMT

"Aah! Quick Tim we better get out of the way!" she cries, grabbing the middle aged human and attempting to drag him to the best of her abilities.

"Oh wait! I have a simple solution! The Air will make this human immaterial for 10 minutes!" she proclaims turning Tim insubstantial. "Now the fire can't hurt you! And better yet My essence will Blend with Air!" she says, joining Tim in the faded and breezy otherworld.

"There. Now we can't be burnt to a crisp by that crazy pyromancer. I'd help Mr. Volk but he looks like he is enjoying studying that fire mana."


Last edited by Ira the Elf on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot time stamp... again)
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : The Watering Hole Tavern

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:10 am

18/1/15 10:45 GMT

A short distance away at the edge of the woods Lady Val looks on the strange sight before her.

How queer that this youngling bounces about maintaining so little dignity, and helping the human farmer. Certainly she has some control over her magic but where are her parents, and why in good Faerie's name has she chosen to pursue air magic. Oh, look, how interesting now she's combining "The Air will spin you" with "With water I douse this Fire". How did she learn that I wonder? What else has dear Phineas been hiding from me about his so-called "students". Clearly I should not underestimate the halfling if he is able to inspire loyalty in ones so... unique as these.

Her gaze turns towards the fire mage and his strange choice of pupil, a smile coming to her lips. Ah now Torvallis! such a mystery. Is he truly the chosen of his Lord Fire, or is he merely a deranged human? His technique leaves much to be desired but his proficiency in pyromancy is impressive, well for one of his species at any rate. I fear however that his pupil shows less... talent for for his art, his handling of mana is disgraceful, such poor form... ugh and I can smell the alcohol and Orc stench from here, does that half-breed ever bathe? Lady Val promptly whips out her fan to redirect the breeze.

Oh! It looks like things are about to get interesting, Torvallis! has called upon his gift, and that precocious little thing has turned herself and the farmer immaterial. Her smile stretches into wolfish grin. Perhaps I should show them all how a true mistress of Faerie's light comports herself. With this in mind she snaps her fan closed, gathers her skirt and turns to her handmaiden. "Secure the caravan, and keep watch on that halfling merchant, although he has fine manners I suspect he may have ulterior motives. See what you can learn my dear."
Lady Val
Lady Val

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:56 pm

"Indeed," she replies dropping her skirts and extending her hand graciously "There is more than one way to leave the moon. Now my dear Torvallis! I see that you have been up to quite a bit while I was gone. I must say I am impressed with your abilities thus far. However I must admit that while I am sure you are very capable of doing good work in the name of your Lord I did come down here to offer some assistance should you wish it." As she says this she flares her cloak dramatically, gives Torvallis! an elegant smile, and raises a fireball laden hand.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf on Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:59 pm

Ira stares at the strange Elf though the mist. "Tim, who's that? I thought Thrain and I were the only Elves her - What is SHE doing with TORVALLIS!"
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : The Watering Hole Tavern

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:05 pm

Lady Val laughs musically "You know Torvallis! I believe we shall, although we must be elegant dear I must live up to the expectations of one of the chosen of Faerie." With a flourish she extends her right elbow and conjures a fireball in her left hand. "Ready?" she asks with a coquettish smile.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:27 am

19/01/15 8:26 GMT

"Excellent Torvallis!" Lady Val exclaims while skipping along in a ladylike fashion and throwing fireballs at a particularly withered looking patch of scrub. "I say, do you know this one? Ahem-"

Everything has its season
Everything has its name
Show me a flame and I'll soon show you my aim
Burning down the windowsill
Ashes falling like snow
Why not bring the flames of change everywhere I go?

Rivers belong where they can ramble
Eagles belong where they can fly
I've got to be where my spark can run free
Got to watch the flames burn so high!

Every Fae has its daydreams
Every Fae has his goal
People like the way flames have
Of burning to the soul
Thunderclouds have their lightning
Nightingales have their song
And don't you see I want this fire to be
Something more than long....

Rivers belong where they can ramble
Eagles belong where they can fly
I've got to be where my spark can run free
Got to watch the flames burn so high!

So many Fae seem destined
To settle for something small
But I won't rest until I know I'll have it all
So don't ask where I'm going
Just follow the burnt trees
And far away you'll hear me singing
Softly to the breeze:

Rivers belong where they can ramble
Eagles belong where they can fly
I've got to be where my spark can run free
Got to watch the flames burn so high!
Lady Val
Lady Val

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by AD on Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:38 am

((OOG - Nothing is burning. Spells are not being cast, so nothing is burning.))

AD
Admin

Posts : 200
Join date : 2014-10-14

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:44 am

Ira looks on as the pair skip and dance about failing to burn anything. Fire mages are so odd.
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : The Watering Hole Tavern

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:52 am

"Torvallis! dear I think we should start firing at those trees over there. With Fire I strike you 3 points!" she calls beginning to fire balls of flame at her surroundings.

"And those bushes too I think. With Fire I strike you 3 points!" she says, hitting a pair of ragged bushes with a blast of flame.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:12 am

Volk quietly watches the flames that are being spawned from the hands of Lady Val and Torvallis!

Staring at both the mages, and the mana he is holding.

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Timmean on Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:23 pm

Timmean watches the pair of fire mages, his face contorting in a bizarre cocktail of emotions: elation that the burn has started and seems to be going well; confusion and disbelief at the absurd show the two mages are creating; and absolute horror that Torvallis had found an enthusiastic fellow pyromancer.

"Ah... um... Well, her name is Lady... Val, I think? She stopped by The Watering Hole on potato day. She was already at the inn when I arrived, and left shortly afterwards. If I remember right, she's a part of some noble family, who has dealings with goblins. I don't recall much beyond that. As for what she's doing with Torvallis, well... as you can see, she has some knowledge in fire magic. Earth as well, I believe, but her focus seems to be fire. And you know how Torvallis feels about fire..."
Timmean
Timmean
Admin

Posts : 404
Join date : 2014-09-24
Age : 32

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:27 pm

"So... she shows up on Potato day and suddenly she and Torvallis! are friends? Who in their right mind encourages Torvallis!?" Ira exclaims. She looks on as the older Elf dances between the flames, lightly stepping between the brush. More importantly, where did she come from and what does she want? She doesn't look like the Elves from my village, she dresses so strangely. Instantly a plethora of questions begin to form in the young Elf's brain and she falls into a pensive silence as the burn spreads.

"Tim... do you think she knows my family? I mean, is it a coincidence that I get a letter from my parents just before she shows up?"
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Posts : 77
Join date : 2014-10-05
Location : The Watering Hole Tavern

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:35 pm

"Oh, Torvallis! who is your dear little... bean bag?" Lady Val asks delicately, finally noticing the strange ball of fur and beans perched on the Human's shoulder.

"Oh and Sheriff Malacalo," she says acutely aware of the young half-breed's eyes on her, "I highly recommend joining us over here if you intend on continuing your studies in the incendiary arts, it should be most, educational." She finishes the sentence with a polished smile, beckoning him with a gesture of her finger.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:16 am

"Ah, I see. Well perhaps once we are finished here you can tell me more about your unconventional methods of learning how to command the light of your Lord." she replies. What an interesting human.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:24 am

Volk walks over to the mages. "I wish to learn all I can, but I do not have the ability to cast any spells yet, I will just stand here and watch."

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Volkihere Malacalo on Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:45 am

"Torvallis I know you are impationt to have more worsipers for lord fire, I am impatint to learn how to use spells I've herd of somthing you need to learn after becoming aware before you can learn spells can you please teach me what I need to know. (Tier 1 Power)

Volkihere Malacalo

Posts : 215
Join date : 2014-10-05

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Lady Val on Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:43 pm

"Excellent! Now, we Elves do not need to focus on the studying aspect of magic use. Our magic is derived from the unseen Faerie's presence in this world and the traces it leaves. We need simply to meditate or call upon the essence of an element and with time we will come to know its secrets though the gifts of Faerie.

Although I cannot teach you the basic magical arts I can help you improve your form insomuch as posture, grace, style, and enunciation goes. However, if I am not mistaken, I believe you have some Fae blood yourself which we need to address. Orcs, although graced with Faerie's blessing, are not the most studious of the Fae and most have difficulties learning the mental and arcane arts. As a result, I feel that you must err on the side of caution and be extremely disciplined with yourself when it comes to your magical training, especially where your mental stamina is concerned. I would recommend working on your meditation skills in between your" here she looks briefly at the poorly concealed bottle of whisky in the half-breed's pocket, "other duties. As for Lord Fire, well I'm sure he will be pleased to have your worship."

"Now dear Torvallis! shall we show him how to harness the power of Fire?"


Lady Val
Lady Val

Posts : 376
Join date : 2014-12-20
Location : Tor'Jadin

Back to top Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 3 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum