Epoch on the Rock
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clearing the Land

+5
Volkihere Malacalo
Ira the Elf
Torvallis!
Malva
Timmean
9 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Clearing the Land - Page 4 Empty Re: Clearing the Land

Post by Ira the Elf Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:51 pm

"I don't know if its a good idea for Volk to be learning Fire magic." Even worse he's learning fire magic from Torvallis! and an eccentric Elf Lady. Ira shifts uncomfortably realizing that her spell will soon be wearing off. She looks over at Tim who is clearly lost in thought.

"Ummm... Tim I think we'd better get out of this burn before we, um, you know re-materialize and start to burn." she says skipping over to the other side of ditch and landing insubstantially on the wet grass.

"Come on! We can watch from over here!"
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:44 pm

"...Hm? Oh, uh, right!"

Tearing his gaze away from the strange (and mildly alarming) display of fire magic, Timmean follows Ira out of the burn area. Glancing back at the patch of soon-to-be ash, he pauses, then takes another three large steps away from the burn, into the open field behind the Watering hole.

"So, um... I'm not sure if there's much more to do at this point, other than waiting for the burn to be finished. Well, that, and making sure those two don't get... ah... overzealous."
Timmean
Timmean
Admin

https://epochnl.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Borin Ironhammer Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:56 am

Borin walks around the tavern leaning on his axe for support, tired after a long days work at the forge. He looks over at the all of the commotion for a moment his face unchanging as he takes it all in, from the dancing fire mages to the mortified onlookers. And the sherif that for some reason that borin could only assume was ale, was standing in the middle of the fire. Then, without a word, he turns and walk straight into the tavern.

Borin Ironhammer

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:39 am

(OOC: I'll pick hands on fire, that seem like the most Torvallis! Thing he could do right now.)
"Ok I'll find Timmean"
Volk walks towards the inn shouting "Timmean! Torvallis needs bandages he is on fire, again!"

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:36 am

"His HANDS are ON FIRE?!?"

Acting on instinct, Timmean immediately starts to rush forward; about three steps later, he grinds to a halt as his brain kicks in. In a more cautious tone, he yells back to Volk:

"Hang on, are you sure he doesn't WANT them to be on fire? This IS Torvallis, right? I've got bandages here, but he'll have to put the fire out the hard way!"

Reaching into his pouch with one hand, Timmean grabs a handful of bandages. He continues to stare at the burn area, trying to figure out if there's actually an emergency or not.

Timmean
Timmean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:12 am

"Hell, I don't know if this is an emergency, he has been on fire at least fifty present of the time talk to him but he usually handles it himself.he needs a bandage that is all I know." He says to Timmean.

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Timmean raised an eyebrow, suddenly considerably less concerned, and mildly annoyed with the antics of the fire mages. He holds out his hand, palm opened with the bandages free for Volk to take.

"Um, well then, here you are. Oh, and do me a favor, will you? If he doesn't actually need these, slap him for me. Or dump some water on him once he's out of the burn area."
Timmean
Timmean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:11 pm

"Thank you." He says in a nicer tone but still a little antagonized.

He walks to Torvallis! and Lady Val.

"Should I give you the bandages now or wait for you to put out, your, hand fire?"

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:28 am

"Torvallis! dear whyever didn't you ask me to heal you? Surely my healing magic is far superior to those rags!" says Lady Val with a small pout. "Now Volk let me show you the healing power of Faerie."

Lady Val snaps out her fan to quell the mages burning hands and delicately takes them in her own. "The Earth will heal you 3 points!" in an instant Torvallis!' charred hands are repaired.

"Now Sheriff Malacalo, let this be a lesson to you, never set your hands on fire unless you know what you are doing." she says haughtily, "And as for you dearest Torvallis! I do hope that you will be more careful in future." she chides letting go of his hands and immediately whipping out her fan again.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Ira the Elf Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:30 am

"Well I guess since I'm done here I might as well go and see if Phineas or Horns need any help!" With that she pops back into the physical plane and bounces off towards the Inn.
Ira the Elf
Ira the Elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:34 am

Timmean glances at Ira as she hurries off, then turns back to the burn area, nervously biting his lip.

There goes our water mage... this burn better not get out of hand. And... was that... healing magic? I remember that fancy elf mentioned she had experience with earth spells... this could be interesting.

With that, Timmean re-materializes and takes a few steps backwards, waiting and watching as the burn continues.
Timmean
Timmean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Volkihere Malacalo Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:19 am

"Where did Ira and you come from? Volk looks at Timmean confused.

Volkihere Malacalo

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:07 pm

((OOG: Any and all interactions with Timmean did not happen. He was immaterial with air and could not be interacted with until he re-materialized.))
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:15 pm

((OOG: Is that what we mean by timestamp? I always thought it meant the time when you posted. Oops! Also does Epoch have the same names of the month as the Georgian calendar or is it different (i.e. is December called December or is it NivĂ´se or something)?))
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Val Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:43 pm

Lady Val looks about and sees that the burn has just about run its course. She smiles satisfyingly and turns to the half-breed and human.

"Well now, it looks as if we are about done here. If you will excuse me gentleman I believe I have business to attend to elsewhere. Oh, and Torvallis! do be careful."

As she gathers her skirts to leave she gives a polite nod to the human farmer who as suddenly decided to reappear and seeing his pensive expression gives him a subtle wink before walking back towards her caravan. Yes it appears this place is quite interesting indeed.
Lady Val
Lady Val

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:16 pm

Timmean blinked, glancing from Torvallis, to the smoldering field, and back again.

"Um, sure, gladly. It seems like everything is going well, I'll give the ground a day or two to cool, then do a little tilling before I get the first crops in."

Timmean takes a few steps toward the area, slowly beginning to circle and examine the new field.

"Oh! And be more careful with your bandages - and hands - from now on!"
Timmean
Timmean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Timmean Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:21 pm

After slowly making his way around the smoldering lot, Timmean nods to himself, satisfied with the progress thus far. Smiling slightly, he turns and walks toward the bunkhouse, intent on getting a little rest before continuing the work.
Timmean
Timmean
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AD Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:29 pm

*quiet smoke stills furls into the night and the coals glow brightly under the ash. A gust of wind blows some of the ashes off, showing the live coals beneath. As the wind picks up, the coals glow brighter and small flames are stirred awake from the coals. The burnt field is now glowing orange and is alive with small flames. A large gust of wind proceeds to scatter small brush onto the field where it catches and starts to burn brightly. As the wind continues to blow small brush onto the field, it also blows the flaming brush off on the field and into the forest surrounding it. Small fires are starting to take hold in the surrounding forest and on the field.*
AD
AD
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next